McClain County Sec 12-5N-4W

We are being bombarded with offers to sell our mineral acres. Can anyone give us advice on what is going on in McClain county? Latest offer is $10,000/acre, not sure what to do since everyone seems to be interested. Would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Leo

In my experience, when I get multiple offers to sell, something is about to happen. They know something I don’t know, so I try to find out-so your question is a good one. They think they will make a profit off my minerals and I would rather have that profit for my family. In your particular section, you are getting some horizontal drilling. You should have gotten quite a bit of mail from both Citizen Energy and then Roan Resources most recently. The wells were approved in late December. Roan is the operator. The wells are named Commando 12-13-5-4 #1 WXH and Commando 12-13-5-4 #2MXH. W is for Woodford and M is for Mississippian. They are testing two different reservoirs. The wells are planned for the far east side of the two sections leaving room for future wells (hence all your offers). The surface location will be in section 1 and drilling south.

I am in sec 13 which is the other half of those wells and am hanging onto my acreage for the future.

If you are not getting all the operator mailings, then come back here and I will give you the contact information. You should be getting them if the land men are hunting you down. The wells have already started drilling. (They hope you don’t know that and they want to buy your acreage before they begin paying royalties.) Think bigger and more long term than just one or two wells.

2 Likes

Thank you, M! Please let us know any contact information that we may need.

Thanks, Leo

ROAN RESOURCES, L.L.C. 14701 HERTZ QUAIL SPRINGS PARKWAY OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73134 Contact Name: EMILY P. SMITH Contact Phone: 405-272-4710

This is the contact info for Roan Resources.

1 Like