McClain County - Ryan 1H-26XX

Can someone tell me about the Ryan 1H-26XX in McClain County, OK?

Found a Division Order that didn’t get returned by a family member. How can I figure out the revenue that is owed to him by using the Decimal listed on the Division Order? Thanks!

Please add the section, township and range. as that will help other folks as well. If you do not know it, then come back and I will be able to look it up.

The Ryan 1H-26 is in 06N 04W & 07N 04W, Section 2, 35 & 26 Newfield drilled the well and was sold to Encana, who has since changed there name to Ovintiv.
You should reach out to there Owner Relations group. 855 301 5241 to confirm status. We have been getting royalties for about 18 months.

OK does not require the return of a Division Order, so don’t worry about that. If the family member had clear title, then the royalties are due. I always return the DO or write a letter confirming the decimal amount if it is correct and stating that no terms of the lease are to be changed. I also return the W-9 so that federal taxes are not taken out. I send it by certified mail return receipt and keep a copy as a paper trail for my heirs. Amazing how many times I have had to look up old Division Orders which my ancestors faithfully kept.

The decimal in Oklahoma is calculated using the following formula:

net acres/actual spacing acres x royalty x %perforations in your section.
Since the Ryan well spans three sections, each section will have its own split based upon the number of feet perforated in the section. The OCC has an order that lists the splits.

So assuming that you are in section 26, you know the last term of the equation. The well was most likely spaced at 640 acres and the section is a regular section, so you know that term. You just need the net acres and the royalty. Call Ovintiv and see how many net acres they are carrying and what royalty they are using and see if it matches your files and lease.

Thanks for your help! this is listed on the DO:

Sec 2-6N-4W Sec 26-7N-4W Sec 35-7N-4W

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.