McClain County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I ask something which has been addressed earlier. I have mineral rights on section 17-8N-4W which for the past two or three years has been paying royalties by Charter Oak on the Floyd 1-17 well. Recently the royalty payments have stopped and I am now receiving numerous letters per week from EOG regarding petitions they are filing for horizontal wells, additional wells, etc. I would appreciate any insight on this situation.

Charter has a permit that was approved on 12/17/2018. It was completed in the Viola previously, but I don't see what formation they are going to complete in now. It is possible that work started, which would stop production. Call the operator and ask them. 405-286-0361

Permit link

Four permits were given for horizontal wells to EOG in April. They will be targeting the Woodford.

Charter did a partial assignment of the rights to EOG about 3 years ago.

There's still no completion report posted for Whetstone well in section 25 6N4W. Does anyone know what the production levels of well? Royalty owners should have been paid for first production by now. I'm just being nosy. I have mineral rights nearby...so interested in it. Thanks!

Production
Year
Production
Month
Product
Code
Gross
Volume
Reporting Company Company
Number
2017 October 5 4489 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304
2017 October 5 7648 ENABLE GATHERING & PROCESSING LLC 22589
2017 September 5 584 ENABLE GATHERING & PROCESSING LLC 22589
2017 September 1 338 COFFEYVILLE RESOURCES REFINING & MARKETING LLC 23896
2017 September 5 266 SOUTHWEST ENERGY LP 21304
for Whetstone from the tax site

Just got a proposal from Redsky Land, LLC for lease on 5-T6N-R2W for their client BP.

Is RedSky legit? I just checked and they have no website, and their facebook shows they are closed. I'm not sure I trust this contract offer.

Does anyone know anything about RedSky?

Thanks for any help!

Joyce I will list the production from my checks. Its actually producing pretty good.

February oil was 13,873.

Gas Mcf 10,202

The gross production site is way behind, anyone know why?

Way too much to list from my first check because it consisted of Sept.-Jan. But I will say that the oil has been consistent. Since November its doing on average about 445 barrels a day. Hope this helps.

Anyone holding a lease with Newfield for Carole well - Section 21?

My cousin and I have interest there. We are wondering about production going forward and current value per acre being offered.

Thanks Sandra and MBarnes! I'm glad the Whetstone is a good well. I just read an article (NewsOK Energy) that said oil companies will concentrate their drilling in areas where wells will be most productive. Not sure that's a negative for McClain County but when I see some of the numbers coming out of Grady County, it made me a little nervous.

Kevin, Red Sky has been around for a while. Make sure you have no post production charges, depth clause, commencement of drilling and a few other important clauses. Come back if you need help.

Marilyn, we need the section, township and range please in order to answer.

Marilyn if your referring to the well in 07N 04W it has been producing since February 2017. Bottom hole in section 21.

Does anyone have any information on when EOG plans to drill/spud their 10,000' lateral in Section 3 T7N, R4W, Charles 0334 #1H?

I have a couple of questions. I and several of my family members own royalty interests in Sec. 17, Sec. 18, and Sec. 20, all in T6N, R2W. Currently there are several wells we are being paid on in Sec. 17 and Sec. 18. BP is just about to start a horizontal well in Sec. 8 and 17, T6N, R2W and I'm thinking that our lease for 17 is being held by existing production, so apparently nothing left to do on Sec. 17. Strangely, my daughter and cousin have been getting paperwork from Red Sky Land on 17 to lease their interests in 17 (they are being paid already on existing wells there), Now I have received a very puny offer to sell or lease my interest in Sec. 20 from Ferrell Oil. I have no interest in selling. They are only offering $500 per acre on 3-yr term with 3/16 royalty 3+ 2 yr. option at 100% of original bonus paid. Also, I have seen not to agree to any lease without a depth clause or non-deduction clause, and others. How does one go about getting these clauses put into the lease, get an attorney?? As I only own a small interest there, I do not think it would be worthwhile to hire one. Any thought? Thanks, for any help,

Cindy, it is a good business practice to decide whether you should spend money on an attorney. If the family will pool their resources to get legal advice, it might be affordable (yeah yeah I know all the problems with that approach like the cousin who wants the advice but not the bill).

If you prefer a self-help remedy, looking at the special provisions of other leases filed in the McClain County land records can give you some ideas. Look at the leases in your section, and the surrounding sections first. This will give you an idea of what lessees in your area are willing to accept.

It has been a while since I have followed this discussion group. I have received a lease offer on S14;T7N;R3W. Is there any activity in Section 14?

Thank you.

Teddie, Looks like Native Exporation, Todco Properties, Maoli Energy and L3 Energy are all leasing in 14-7N-3W. sections 19, 30, 31, and 32 have activity at the OCC.

Ralph, EOG still has causes left to be heard at the commission, so won't be for a while. They have to get through all of them first. If there is a pooling, (which has not been applied for yet), the pooling will list the time frame.

Ms.Barnes… you state that Sections 19,30,31&32 have activity at the OCC…what does that mean? I have an interest in Sec.30 8N 4W and have asked many questions (sorry),in the past. I know that this is within the Blanchard city limits , though this Section of land is or was in an area outside the general City and somewhat rural…or was rural the last time I was in the area about 10 years ago. Again sorry that I ask so many questions, but you have a great knowledge of the areas concerning mineral rights. Thanks, Rick Buscemi

Anyone leasing with Newfield for the Carole well?

Section 21/Township 7N/Range 4W

What is status "PA" on the OCC Permit Reports? I have some in Section 32 6N 3W in the NW4