Matula Frank James

Don’t know if this will be accepted but I saw that there is a Matula oil well in runge and is there any public info that I can access on who is the owner ?? I am researching my late biological grandfather Frank James Matula from runge Texas and I have been told that he owned right to land in runge and as searching for any information connected to him . Thanks

http://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=486576922&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAMVQy27DIBD8mvSIAIcoPezBqtpTK_XhNgcrB2IjBwkba8F9SHx8F1eV8ui5uQ0zu8PsJME5yCS4AHGF2JRNtH54brCt-RZm_sPs9DgGyUhm0XzqwDr_vijKNSddwkLe3W5KgkWGLVrn7NA9GuxtDE-Twa8fU9Z6GlpCb-Let5W_0c4RoQBNnHCo_IvR2OyJWgM_y1KHWS2xC2zUqPs37SYzR6SPeT6BvKVSGSjYmc4OYWNj9iPD4_c1PJTV630OLeSxJg53T1KI_2ok_DaxglF3Bg8u_rMesa1P53JUEEmC4KkAlZbAkyJiRcT59iXK_QbjuVyyewIAAA

CLICK DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

Thank you for that information but I have no idea what all that means ! Is there a first name ? I see several Matula wells but how would I find out the first name ?

Click on the approved drilling permit and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the P12…that will give u the names of all the mineral owners of this well…I see a Matula Trust listed on the first/1st page

Not sure if this is what you meant by ‘who is the owner’, Railroad Commission’s records show the current operator of the Matula Gas Unit 1 is Repsol Oil & Gas. Talisman Energy completed it in September, 2011and Repsol took over as the operator in December, 2019.

Regarding the royalty owners in that unit, the unit plat attached below shows 17 ownership interests with 69.67 acres of the total 680 acre in unit in the name of “Matula Trust”. It was marked Tract 1 on the plat and is where the drill site was located. Karnes County Apprisal District shows the trust’s address as 4200 River Garden Trail, Austin, Tx 78746.

If you haven’t already, the Karnes County Deed Records are where you would need to research your family’s possible mineral ownership.

This is from TexasFile.com.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.