Marshall County Section 2

I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any drilling activity in section 2. We have our mineral rights leased but haven't heard a thing.

Can you please add the township and range? I have a recently producing well in S4 T5S R5E and some legal action to re-do the spacing unit in 5-5-5. Attractive amount of oil each day so XTO might be moving your direction. My reading says about 5 miles east of me the oil should be even better. That is the old Madill field that played out in the 50’s.

Section 2 township 5s range 4e

Who is XTO? We have a lease with Chesapeak

XTO is one of the “li’l oil” start ups from the 90’s that helped develop the new unconventional natural gas plays. They were bought by Exxon last year so have unlimited capital behind them for drilling. You are about five miles west of me. The oil content is less favorable there but you are not far from the south end of the old Mannsville oil field also played out in the fifties. I have another well currently being drilled under Mannsville by XTO that is on the north end of that field. Do you have older family members you could ask about wells from back then? If you are near them I would say you have a good shot in the next year or so if oil prices don’t drop too much. Chesapeake has decided to only drill where oil is present in high enough amounts to pay for the well, because natural gas has not been this cheap since the 1980’s. So they might be thinking about it. Even so they have to wait their turn on the drill rigs. Get on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website and look around for their case and well databases. Then look up your section. If you possibly can go to the NARO OK convention in Tulsa in May. They have a website too, search for NARO. They are dedicated to taking up for the mineral right owner.

Shellee Kotschwar said:

According to the OK Corp Com it looks like there were 2 wells at one time. One was dry and the other I don't know. What does PA stand for?

I don't know what PA stands for but if you call the OCC oil and gas folks they have been unfailingly kind and helpful to me. The dry well does not sound so good but you don't have to be over an oil dome to win with this new unconventional drilling.

Can anyone tell me if there is any drilling going on around section 2

Can anyone tell me if there is any drilling going on around section 2 and where it is located.

S2

T5s

R4e

My mom and I were up there today just driving around and couldn't find a thing. She can't is blind now and cant remember where her aunt Ginny lived. Is it south of Madill near the lake??

Township 5 South Range 4 East Section 2 is along an east-west line through the Madill airfield. This is northwest of town on Highway 117. Section 2 would be a couple of miles west of the "airport." I have interest in two wells three and four miles east of your property, in T5S R5E Sections 5 and 4. Section 4 was drilled in 2011 and Section 5 was drilled in 2012. Both have done respectably. I have not been back to Madill to look around for a couple of years so I could not say based on drill rigs, but if you get on the OCC website you can look up who is applying to drill in your area. There is quite a delay in getting the actual drilling information into the other database, but the legal papers make it in pretty fast. Get into their website, look around for the databases under Oil and Gas, and call them to get help.

Some company is already trying to buy the lease that doesn't expire until Jan. I am advising we hold out for a little while and see if they offer more $$. What do you think?