Marketing your oil prospects

Has any O&M owner found a successful way to market or show your properties are available to lease. Yes they may find you, but is there a more creative way to put it out there? Thank you all.

If your correct contact information is on the records at the County Clerk’s office in the counties/states where you own an interest, the landmen will find you if they are interested.

1 Like

What Todd said. If they like the area they will find you. The geologists decide where to look and the landmen go to the courthouse to see who owns it.

If you truly believe you are sitting on something special you could hire a geologist to work up a detailed drilling prospect for you and try to show it around, but I wouldn’t expect an easy go of it.

Thank you. I do know, because it was my great grand aunt, who left it all for me, but in the will. Not just at a court house. Maybe if one lives nearby. Dropping by, as was suggested by each county’s office, is not possible.

1 Like

You do not have to physically go to the courthouse. You can call and get the correct form to file with the clerk of deeds for every county where you have minerals. If there is a will, it needs to be filed in the county where the person domiciled. If out of OK, has to be probated in the first state and then filed as a foreign probate in OK. Then a copy filed in every county in OK where you have minerals.

1 Like

It was people in county clerks’ offices that said to drop by, even telling them I was in France at the time! And back in the states I’ve just not found anyone even asking for me to send a copy of the will. She died almost 35 years ago. Liberty county seems the only county that was helpful. Besides you all! With thanks.

Do you suspect or have a clue that she has minerals in certain Counties? Also if she had a will filed of record in a particular County? Do you even know if she owned land or minerals and where? That’s some starts.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.