Marion County

My Mother passed away leaving me Mineral rights to property & the only description i found was this:

"A Part of The Charles Massenton Survey, A-289, Marion County, Texas, and being the same land described in Mineral Deed dated May 22, 1945 from R. C. Coffman & wife Lessie Coffman to P. W. Pewitt of record in Volume 133, Page 225 of The Deed Records of Marion County, Texas. "

What is my next step? I have never even been to Marion County, Texas. Thanks for any help that you might give.

YIISD,

http://gisweb.glo.texas.gov/cfGIS/glomap/basefile.cfm?SdeNum=483150197

Marion County Abstract-#289

YIISD,

The red dot with extensions going from it I think is a plugged oil/gas well.

This map is from the Texas RR Commission GIS Mapping System.

Marion County A-#289

Clint Liles

Clint Liles said:

YIISD,

The red dot with extensions going from it I think is a plugged oil/gas well.

This map is from the Texas RR Commission GIS Mapping System.

Marion County A-#289

Clint Liles

Clint,

Thank you very much for the information. The only other information I found was something called "The Rodessa Formation". I am assuming that is a particular location in this Survey. If you know anything regarding this, I would appreciate it.

It looks like a trip to the Marion County Clerk's Office is in my future. That is probably the only way I will find out for sure the exact information I need. Do you agree?

YIISD,

Yes, I think a trip to the County Clerk's Office is in order. Good luck and keep us posted as to your results.

Clint Liles