Marion County, Illinois

Is there any interest/action in mineral rights or sales in Marion County, Illinois? If so, I do not see it on the Internet. In other potential "hot" areas it has been helpful to share. Are you there or is there no interest? It is helpful to share.

Lynne Hays

In south east Marion County there are several hundred acre's that have and are being leased this year that I know of.

Has anyone in Marion County heard of Bear Creek Oil? Hear they are leasing in Marion, I've got some minerals for lease.

John,

I would be interested in doing some research on your lease.

We just received an offer to purchase mineral rights in Salem, IL (Marion County). The rights are currently leased to the company offering to purchase.

Does anyone have any information on what may be going on in this area or have any experience in determining to sell or continue leasing?

About a year and a half ago, a land company named Bear Creek Properties leased somewhere close to 30,000 acres in Marion County, Primarily in Alma and Stevenson Townships. Ursa Resources received a drill permit a couple of weeks ago to drill a well just east of Salem and south of Highway 50. That is all the information I have been able to gather so far. You can go to the Illinois DNR website and find info on the drill permit.

I was curious if anyone else has received offers to purchase from Citation Oil & Gas in this area. We received an offer today and would like to discuss what may be going on in the area.

Mike, we have several leases with Citation just southwest of Salem. Do you know what areas they are looking at?

Hi John,

There is somie action going on and it seems to be where major oil companies are having little explorers come into Marion County. I know Marion County is quiet. But so was Odessa and Midland, TX. Anyone who does any leasing is putting up considerable sums of $$ to do so. Its just not for Sport. W. Roper formerly of Salem-Centralia Illinois. roperw@uisalumni.org 512-937-4690

Thanks for the info, Walter. We have some land in Alma and Stevenson townships, but haven't been aware of any activity. Whatever you may hear, please leave a post here! Thanks again.

John, Please share any information. It is hard come by in this quiet area. Thanks barrels full. Lynne Hays.

Walter, Not certain what you mean by "having little explorers come into Marion County". Thanks. L. Hays