Marcellus Shale Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Daniel, I've sent you a friend request, so I can send a private message on some oil and gas fields around New Orleans -- since it's little bit off of the Marcellus Shale topic, probably best to discuss via private message.

Does anyone have any information about possible drilling in Marion County WV?

My family has received an offer to lease mineral rights in Dry Run of the Proctor District, Wetzel County from a broker working for Gastar. Has anyone had any experience with this company? And if so, how is it going?

I want to know about PetroEdge and Jay Bee Productions activities in Tyler Co. WV? Does anyone have information on these Co.

Does anyone know anything about Blue Scape Resources? My brothers and I inherited a 1/14th interest in a 432 ac tract in Randolph County. They are wanting to buy our interest, but what they are offering is ridiculous in my opinion! They started at $500 an acre to BUY! What does anyone know about this group and what is a reasonable amount to ask? We know there is gas on the property.

Looks like Jay Bee is a small, local company. Here's a link to Jay Bee's website: http://jaybeeoil.com/jaybee.html. And here's a link to PetroEdge: http://www.petroedgeresources.com/company/profile/. PetroEdge has offices in Houston, so it's not quite as small. I only found two complaints about Jay Bee, and haven't found a real complaint about PetroEdge. Doesn't mean they're always honest, but at least it looks like they are legitimate oil and gas outfits.

Thanks for the reply, I am still skeptical about them. Jay Bee has filed a motion I guess you would call it in Tyler Co court to declare the heirs of CW Twyman cannot be found even though we have paid taxes on this royalty for over 100 yrs, I personally have paid them since 1996.

Mr. Stringfellow,

We had wells in Ritchie operated by PetroEdge, sold to Quest a few years ago. PetroEdge seemed fine.

I only know what I heard "through the grapevine" about Jay Bee in Ritchie which is somehow negative. Can't remember details.

I know Jay Bee buys up a lot of mineral rights at tax sales, doesn't always do their homework on ownership, at least what I have seen in Ritchie.

Good luck. What does the County Clerk's Office in Tyler say about it? Or Assessor's office? If you (heirs) are on the land books and have paid all the taxes, it sounds like Jay Bee is in serious error but that might not stop things.

Mr. Stringfellow,

You could ask in the Tyler County WV group here

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/tyler-county-wv-oil-gas

I thanks for the info. I am going to be very carefull before we sign a lease, being in Oklahoma, it is hard to imagine the activity going on in WV, particularly Tyler and surronding counties.

Thanks Nancy, I have posted a note in the Tyler Co. group.

Does any one have information about drilling in somerset county PA? If so I would be grateful for your reply

Shanthi Fernando

Could someone please help with the answer?

The mineral sale deed mentions"ALL that certain lot or piece of ground in somerset county commonwealth of Pennsylvania more particularly bounded and described as follows-- map number etc then states together with all---- every part and parcel thereof

Appreciate your advice

Shanthi Fernando

Sorry! what I need to know is if all minerals including gas and oil is included in this document. That is what I was told when I bought the minerals.

Thanks for the help in advance

Shanthi Fernando

Shanthi Fernando:

Is there anything saying excepted or reserved in that deed?

No it does not say excepted or reserved

Thanks so much for the reply

Shanthi

Shanthi: It sounds like everything owned by the grantor (the one selling the property) was conveyed. To be sure that the grantor owned all the mineral rights (or oil and gas rights, could be different) it would be necessary to trace back to where the grantor was conveyed the property, then back and back as far as can be found.

Thank you so very much for the information

You can go spend some time in your courthouse. Ask the ladies who work in the record room for help. They're always very friendly and helpful. They can't give you legal advice or interpret documents, but they'll help you find documents and learn your way around. It takes some time, but it'll probably be cheaper than hiring an attorney, or even a landman.

Please let me know if you have any suggested additions to my list of online resources for mineral owners.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources...