Marathon Completions Starfox and McCloud 6-3N-4W QES Survey?

I have been following these wells (Starfox 0304 & McCLoud 0304) for awhile, as I own a little bit in Sec 6. It seems completion reports were issued in the last several weeks. I don’t know beans about trying to read them. There is also a survey from Marathon available via the Occ site for each well. These a multi-page PDF things that I don’t remember seeing before. They are entitled QES Survey Report, compiled by Scientific Drilling, Inc. These surveys are also incomprehensible to me, but I was wondering if such a detailed report could be an indication of possible further drilling/wells? Maybe a stupid question, but I’m so curious while waiting for any news… Crestwood Exploration seems to have been accumulating properties very aggressively in this section. I chose not to sell, and am hoping to be vindicated, of course. I believe I’ve seen surveys posted before, but nothing so involved.

Great wells. Don’t sell.

Todd, I found a post in another thread where you mentioned that another well called Campbell was going to be drilled sometime. I’m off to research that. I did find some info on the Starfox and McCloud wells in OK Energy Today. The Starfox was claimed to be producing 3000 barrels/day and 3400 mcf gas, while the two Mcclouds together were producing a similar amount. This was reported in December, I think. I guess that means I should be happy, but I’m still waiting; and tempered.

The surveys are the measured pathway that the wells actually took. They take measurements down the borehole and place the well in 3D space. How much is “vertical”, where the kickoff point it, where the “horizontal” part is. They are needed in order to determine the splits on a multi unit wells and to know where the perforations are in the wells. They would not indicate further drilling per se, but are useful to the geologist and engineers in understanding the area. These are fairly typical of this type of well.

You can find the Campbell well from its location in 5-3N-4W. http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DDA89E5.pdf

The Campbell is a woodford well, in the E/2 E/2 E/2 of Section 6. In November is produced around 3000 BO & 50 mmcf. There are 2 Starfox wells & 1 McCloud well, all 3 producing from the Springer. The Starfox wells cover Section 6 & 7. The McCloud covers only Section 6. The Campbell covers only Section 6.

Martha and Todd. Excellent all around. Since I’m in Sec 6, I’d guess I’ll be hearing something this year sometime. This is no game for the impatient. My mom owned little bits around Garvin County for over 50 years. Mostly all of that has been sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a few years of production, then its over again until the next generation. A real mindmixer for the novice like me.

Welcome to the business! Take this sort of quiet time to get all your files in order. Many of us use Excel and Dropbox to store lists digitally. Find out if you have filed each of the titles in the Garvin or other county courthouses so land men can find you. Look up your mom’s name or other relatives on okcountyrecords.com and see if you find any loose ones that you don’t know about. The horizontal wells have changed the industry, so knowing what you have is terribly important. Learn how to use the OCC and OTC data bases as they are free.

What does it mean in the County Records when it say under Grantee “Exparte”? Searching the Garvin Co. Records it has a man we know under the Grantor and under his name it says Est. of ______ (my husband’s grand dad’s name). The description of the minerals is where they drilled a well about 4 or five years ago and informed my mother in law that she had a small portion of the royalties which she never knew she had so she didn’t leave it to her kids as she did all her other minerals. It’s not enough percentage to worry about but was just curious as this guy is a distant cousin to my mother in law. He is still living. Hubby’s grand dad died without a will and his est. went to his second wife, his 3 living children and a deceased son’s son in equal amounts. Can some tell what ExParte means in this case?

I forgot to say in the post a minute ago that the type of transaction in question said “Heirship”

Ex Parte means it was executed by the person listed as the “grantor”, but since it was a notice or affidavit there is no “grantee.” You just have to look at the document to see what its intended purpose is.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.