Mapping my Weld County Mineral Property Location

I would like to have a map on my computer or a hard copy on my office wall that pin points my property location and a way to get locations of wells around me so I can count the map pins, get excited from time to time, and see visually the progress by date and location of oilfield drilling progress.

Does anyone else ever want to do this or has it been done already? I would like resource information if available…thanks, thomas

Have you checked out resourceplay.com?

Yes…thank you for the lead…it seems that resourceplay deals with current wells and not mineral land locations that are un-drilled or un-permitted…

Lisa said:

Have you checked out the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission website? It shows approved and pending permits. So, if you can print the page from resource play, you can plug in the rest of the info yourself.

Thomas Mullins said:

Yes…thank you for the lead…it seems that resourceplay deals with current wells and not mineral land locations that are un-drilled or un-permitted…

Lisa said:

I wanted to do the same thing, Thomas. I asked the landman who was offering a contract and he provided reasonably good coordinates for me to roughly locate my holdings. You probably have the section, township and range. That should give you a good idea too. Weld County Planning Dept. has a half-decent online map of townships and ranges and sections. If you’re not in Weld, check your county’s website. Once you have it pinpointed, resourceplay is useful.

Reading the previous Nine pages of Weld County discussion in this forum may prove helpful.

Weld County permits you to search for property by: Last Name Parcel Number Account Number Township/Range Situs Address Subdivision Ownership, Landsales and Mineral rights and Maps

It permits you to also search buffer parcels. Combined with the Colorado Oil and Gas Commission you can read previous well history in your local area including depths and geological formations and monthly production values.

Weld County Assessor’s Office http://www.co.weld.co.us/Departments/Assessor/PropertyInformationSearches.html

Colorado Oil and Gas Commmission (select permits and Weld County) scan results with your browser and a term such as 7N or 62W http://cogcc.state.co.us/

As previously mentioned, ResourcePlay.com is great fun to use.

Rocky Mountain Oil Journal and Rig Reports may also interest you.

May your quest be fruitful and multipley Sincerely, Abdul