Map of Woodford

Hi all I have a question - does anyone have an idea about what is going on with the production at the Newfield Hedrick 1H-1XX which was drilled in 2016 with a surface location in 36-7N-4W south into 1, 12 and 13 6N-4W? Production seems to have gone down rapidly the last two months from according to my royalty checks.

Rick Howell and M. Barnes great information you are posting, thank you for the time and effort. REgarding th eproposed Stark well in 2N, 6W, Section 11, you might remember i was thinking about going non-consent subject to a severe backin penalty after payout but it doesn’t look like the O and G Conmmission in Oklahoma, as you mentioned, serves that up in a Pooling proceeding as an option. therefore I am considering participating. If a comapny as big as BP with the overhead and add ons it has believes this prospect will be economical for them then it will be for me even with the risk. I was wondering if you all (yes i am originally from Duncan back when Moses was a basket case) had any initial production data on Woodford unconventional wells around Section 11?

On aonther note, to the Parentof4js, you might want to get some data on nearby productionand apply it to your acreage and your royalty and guess at commodity prices and production over ten years and see if it beats your offer of over $2,000,000 to sell your mineral interests. Regardless of what you do I am glad you find yourself in a position with choices. someone should be able to help you with the economics. And thanks to M. Barnes for the for the University of Oklahoma as I am an alumnus with a geology graduate degree.

1 Like

Do you mean 2N-6W (no horizontals close by) or 6N-2W (some horizontals close by) ?

1 Like

$9,000 for mineral rights? Leasing or buying?

6 north, 2 west, section 11………McClain County thanks for checking I appreciate it

David

David H. Hawk

Our latest offer was 15000 to buy. We are in 24- 6 n 4 w.

6N, 2W section 11…is what I meant tto type…good catch

Horizontal Wells in 6N-2W are: 5-6N-2W Boechat 6N 2W 5 1HX BP permit 3/19/18, spud 3/25/17 6-6N-2W Henson 6N 2W 6 1HX BP permit 3/19/18, spud 3/26/17 8-6N-2W Mister Ed 1-17H Charter Oak 1st sales 10/30/15. Woodford Hunton Decline curve predictions are not what I would call stunning. Adequate, but not stunning.
10-6N-2W Rice 6N 2W 3 1HX BP permit 12/14/17, spud 12/28/17 10-6N-2W Rice 6N 2W 10 1HX BP permit 12/15/17, spud 1/6/18 11-6N-2W Elam 6N 2W 14 1HX BP permit 8/1/18 16-6N-2W Murphy 6N 2W 16 1HX BP permit 11/29/17 spud 12/9/17 21-6N-2W Bloodworth 6N 2W 20 1HX BP permit 4/20/18, spud 4/29/18 21-6N-2W Swafford 6N 2W 21 1H BP permit 4/20/18, spud 4/26/18 21-6N-2W Brandt 6N 2W 17 1HX BP permit 4/26/18, spud 4/28/18 25-6N-2W Hogue 6N 2W 25 1HX BP permit 1/9/18, spud 2/4/18 25-6N-2W Norton 6N 2W 36 1HX BP permit 3/5/18, spud 3/9/18 27-6N-2W Brown 6N 2W 27 1HX BP permit 1/26/18, spud 1/31/18 25-6N-2W Millsap 6N 2W 26 1HX BP permit 1/31/18, spud 2/2/18 Given that BP has planned this many wells, they like the economics, but remember that they are a HUGE company and have deep pockets that can absorb any losses they might incur here. If you are going to be a Working Interest owner, you need a good attorney, a good accountant, a good insurance policy that handle the drilling risks and the environment risks for many, many decades and very deep pockets. You are not just paying for the current well drilling and completion, but also for any long term operating costs. Since you are a geologist, you know what you are getting into. I come from a long line of OU geologists (I bailed and got my degree from Rice, but still in geology).

3 Likes

Absolutely great advice and well locations. thank you…BP told me they were getting wells with 400 to 500 + boe…at that rate payoout on a completed $7.5mm well is about 9 months adjusting for oil pricces and declining rates but not taking into account taxes and royalties. I am thinking these wells might do around 400,000 bbls over ten years? It is an interesting play for sure and I am glad my native state is benefitting from the Scoop and Stack right in their backyard. We have some minerals and production in Carter and Stephens County not a lot but the Sho-Vel-Tum field has been cranking out oil and gas for 67 years so the hippies can drive their cars to the rally against oil and gas. Nice to see the Woodford play coming to that part of the country along with bypassed Sycamore possibilities. You have a great weekend. Next week my wife and I will be entertaining the AAPG Foundation Trustee Associates in Sun Valley, idaho When they asked me to chair this year they said I could choose wherew to meet so I wrestled with and Duncan and Bug Tussle but idaho won.

Have a wonderful time! Just got back from the Unconventional Reservoirs Tech Conference last week. Exciting things going on in the oil patch!

Carter County is starting to perk up a bit. Hope you get some new activity for you!

just got a copy of the spacing application of Echo for section 7, township 0ne South, Range three WEst changing from a 80 acre Sycamore spacing to a Wodford 640. We just leased our unleased minerals in Section 7 to Milestone (new outfit) for 2000 and 3/16…bonus was better than I had seen…fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

For M Barnes. You are a treasure for all of us and I just wanted to say thanks. Also 6N-2W may not be as hot as plays in Grady, Kingfisher and Blaine Counties but at least in my lifetime it is the place to own minerals, water, surface, etc due almost primarily to BP America plans and activities.

I have spoken to many rig hands for BP and without exception they have been helpful and polite. That does not mean they reveal much information but I do want to confirm reports of 500 boe coming from the wells and the important thing is production is staying constant, no major drop offs yet. Is that what others of you are hearing or even can confirm?

I looked at the decline curves from a couple of those wells and the 500 BOE is in the ball park. Hope the wells do wells for you! BP is really buying into the shale play. They just bought a ton of acres in the Permian Basin.

Thank you. Can you tell me which wells of BP in 6N-2W show production reports? I can’t find that information at the Corp Comm and only information about the well in 33-7N-2W at the Tax Commission using the pun system.

Thanks much.

Cal

Mister Ed 1-17H is the only one I found so far. You have to look in Sec 8 for the completion report since that is the surface location. You have to look in sec 17 on the OTC for the tax info. The others will show up eventually. It usually takes about four-five months after first sales to be posted on the OCC. I check the tax site as the active date usually gives a clue to first sales. The OTC site is often the bottom hole location.

Thank you again for superb information. Cal