Making sure you are getting your fair share of royalties

I have a share in mineral and oil rights, and have tried repeatedly to contact the other share holders. I am trying to find out if there has been an added well on the property.

it is impossible for me to go there and check out the sight in person. Any suggestions?

What state? Do you know who owns the surface of the land?

Montana/yes I do know them and have written them twice, and called once requesting a response, with no success. Feel I am being stonewalled.

rebecca,,,, if you truly want someone on this great Forum to help you, supply the Forum folks with the name of the County and legal description of the minerals acreage in question.

Thanks,

Clint Liles

Rebecca, on the Montana Department of Resources site there is a GIS server map and it would be worth the time to look it up and learn to use it. http://bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/WebApps/DataMiner/MontanaMap.aspx

This should allow you to answer your own questions.

You mention "shareholders" in you post. If you own minerals in your individual name and are paid by the oil company, then contact the operator. If you are a shareholder in corporation / partner in partnership / beneficiary of trust, then you need to contact the manager or trustee with questions. Are you entitled to ask for copies of tax returns and bank statements, so you can review the data? Do you only get your K-1? If the trustee or officer will not respind, then you may need an attorney to ask.

Will do tomorrow. Thanks! Happy 4th to you!

Shall Do! Thank You!

I own them on my own . there are a number of individuals that own a percentage of the rights, including the property owners, whom I sold the property to many years ago.

Thank You

RIGHTS I'm CONCERNED ABOUT:/STILL NO REPLY FROM SURFACE OWNERS

MCCONE COUNTY: SECTIONS 7 E1/2, 8 W1/2, 17, 18 LOTS3,4 E1/4, NE1/4, E1/2, SW1/4, SE1/4, 19, LOTS1,2,4: N1/2, NE1/4, E1/2,NW1/4, 20, N1/2,NW1/4.

RIGHTS I'm CONCERNED ABOUT:/STILL NO REPLY FROM SURFACE OWNERS

MCCONE COUNTY: SECTIONS 7 E1/2, 8 W1/2, 17, 18 LOTS3,4 E1/4, NE1/4, E1/2, SW1/4, SE1/4, 19, LOTS1,2,4: N1/2, NE1/4, E1/2,NW1/4, 20, N1/2,NW1/4.