Major County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Bruce,

The answer is yes. If this is the first you have been contacted, you can expect to receive more solicitations. In the meantime I would take the time to review your information in the clerk's office and make sure everything is current. You should have been contacted before now.

Sandridge, XTO, Tapstone, Carrera Energy and WTC Resources are active in your township.

I have minerals in Section 5-21N-14W. Does anyone else have minerals in 5-21N-14W? If so, has any received an lease offers recently? I did receive an offer and wanting to compare. Thanks!

I'm a neophyte when looking through inherited minerals... There was some interest in these properties about 3 years ago but the folks at the helm where not stable enough to understand the offers, etc...

Could anyone tell me if there is interest in any of these areas?

Sec 1-22N-10W, Sec 2-22N-10W, Sec 11-22N-10W

Thank you in advance...

I'm a neophyte when looking through inherited minerals... There was some interest in these properties about 3 years ago but the folks at the helm where not stable enough to understand the offers, etc...

Could anyone tell me if there is interest in any of these areas?

Sec 1-22N-10W, Sec 2-22N-10W, Sec 11-22N-10W

Thank you in advance...

Can anyone tell me about the activity on S8 T21N R16W N2 or S8 T21N R16W S2 in Major County? My brother and I were approached by one firm to lease the rights earlier this year, another firm just contacted us to buy the rights last week, and a third contacted me today inquiring about. Seems like a lot of activity, but no one is speaking about what it means?

Can anyone comment on the activities whereby the operator is suing under "held by production" so that they can vacate the current lease for minimal production? Received an offer from Firethorn Holdings on Section 22-
22N-11W, Major County, State of Oklahoma.

1 Like

I had a similar experience with a really old lease in another county with a different company that wanted me to sign a “non- production” affidavit and a low-offer “bad” lease so they could begin legal proceedings to gain control of an existing well that had not produced in years. Too many red flags, so I did not sign and haven’t heard from them. BTW- Firethorn contacted my friend with pretty much the same scenario

1 Like