Madison County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Steven, Lets try the map again of your Madison County A-7:

Clint Liles

Not sure where the lease lies on the map. Amy boat wright a-7

Steven---Zoomed in Gis Map of your A-7

Does the TXRRC keep a record of an E&P company's statements on anticipated hydrocarbon reserves in a particular plat?

I read something that was sent to my O&G lawyer when I had a disagreement with the E&P company a few years ago.

Anyway, I would like to know how to find out what the long and short term plans are for the Zoraster-Robinson survey are, particularly since I don't think they have hit the sweet spot yet and the two test wells drilled by MPS back in 86 showed on their W-1 one of the wells bringing in 1000 bbls of oil in 24 hours at open choke and the other 150 bbls in 24 hrs.

This was just below 9000 ft. and I think if they went down to about 11000 to 12000 for all three wells they would do pretty good. (I worked as a geophysicist to put myself through grad school and learning to read well logs was easy). Too bad these operators will not spend the money to get a 3-D seismic study done.

There has been considerable development in the Zoraster/Robinson survey area. Much has been done by Crimson Exploration, operator number #190005 which is now a wholly owned sub of Contango Resources since October of last year. Everything is under the Crimson operator number. Also active in that area has been Woodbine Acquisition (don't have their operator number) which was purchased by a Chinese company a year ago last July for 1/2 billion dollars.

It is my understanding you can learn of reserves (I think reported in field units) from each company if they are publicly traded, Crimson is but the Chinese company is not. Would think the Commission should have this info as well. Just call them what ever records they have are public and you are entitled to learn this info.

Does anyone know of recent 3D seismic modeling in the area or any new information regarding deeper drilling in Madison? We have received two offers to purchase our mineral rights in the last week for considerably higher than expected.

There is well permitted on 40 acres in Madison county-- Looks like in A Boatright survey ( 12500 ft ) How do you read a deal like this ???

come on gang whats the deal on a 40 acre drill site ? They drill first then add land they have leased or what ?

personal experience with a driller that permitted 160, made no rhymn or reason on how it was set out. But MO is that was the amount of land they needed to pull permit. They were land locked on about 800 acres of leased land so they later came back and made it over 400 acres and over 300 acres. So the 40 acres might be the same deal but based on oil or gas permitted and or formation its 40 vs larger amounts. Pretty sure it will be amended before they pay out on it.

I don't know who to contact at the TXRRC to get the information that I need. I called them and they switched me to someone in the GIS viewer department who is on vacation till next week. I am hoping that my lawyer still has the cover letter from when I contested some lease provisions. Crimson was ready to fight all the way to the Supreme court because they said the api which is just over our fence line and is part of our lease, under which there was (and this is their wording) millions upon million of BOE underneath this plat. So no wonder they were willing to duke it out all the way to the SCOTUS. I hope that my lawyer still has that cover letter because the woman just over the line in Grimes is selling 1/2 of her mineral royalties for $4000/ac.

When Setex had the lease they drilled paid of on time and did not leave the place looking like crap with junk left over.

BTW, does anyone know how much auctioneers charge?

One other thing, I saw a geophysical magazine and it had some info about the Eagle Ford and how it was playing out in Madison County (south in the county). The Georgetown is converging with the Buda formation and is now being called the "Buda-town" formation, which is merging with the Austin Chalk and then merging with the top of the Eagle Ford. Could be that some of the E&P companies who are limited to depths of 9000 (or a little more) don't want to have to negotiate any new drilling permits where the owner might ask for more royalty. My own opinion is if you have a 1/8 th interest on a 75 year old lease, when oil was $3bbl, then asking for an additional non-split .03 increase in your royalty would be okay. After all, hogs get slaughtered and pigs get fat.

One other thing has work begun on the keystone pipeline in Madison County as of yet?

You hit the nail on the head when you talked about Crimson...what a bunch of low life's!!! Will twist and turn every word to their advantage and so willing to attempt to take all, just for themselves...been down that road and seems the ole buddy legal system in Madison co is their best partner. Now Madison Co is getting a new judge. Hope and pray he just listen only to the big oil co's and not ever so much as look as what the little guy has to say about events that make up the background of the matter before the Court.

Jack, do you know who your neighbor in grimes is selling to?

Hello,

Some companies have filed drilling permits in the last 2 months, but if you go look at the drill sights, nothing is being done. This keeps the land dept busy, but if the price stays the same, or drops again, nothing will be drilled any day soon. Nothing.

The oil companies will produce what they have already drilled. So.....Hold on to your wallet, this may be a 2 year ride.

If I'm wrong, please show me.

WCM

EOG is selling most of it's leases and production in parts of Madison, Houston and Leon Counties. The information is supposedly in a Law Firms offices in a "data room". I do not know any more than this at this time. If anyone has information, please pass it around. Thanks

EOG has recently completed 3 exceptional Oil and Gas wells in the northern most part of Walker County near the Madison Co. Line. They are located on both sides of I-45. Be very careful and don't lease for nothing. Get counter offers if you have something open in this area of Madison Co. Don't let EOG have them for nothing.

Mineral Owner, our family owns minerals near this area. Right on the Northern Walker and Madison county line. Many thanks

Jack, are you related to a Jack Kyle who used to be a warden at the Prison?

Does the name Mary Charles ring a bell?

Mineral Owner, That is my grandfather and grandmother! My Papa Jack is the honest and wisest man I know. Instilled in me what it means to be a true Texan and our shared interest in genealogy. My username is a way that I can honor him each day by doing my best to help out other mineral owners. Just so they may some day remember a man named Jack Kyle that helped steer them in the right direction or helped them out. Please PM and let's talk more! By the way I call them Papa Jack and Charlie!!

My grandmother and Mary Charles Daddy, Charlie, were brother and sisters.

See if you can email me privately with you phone numbers. I am not going to put my name and numbers out to the public.