Madison County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Wow, Jack…I’ll be studying that PDF for weeks! It sounds like you’ve got a lot of help; I am glad. It makes me sick they were taking advantage of your maom while you were serving the country keeping them safe at night so they could take advantage of little old ladies! I wouldn’t want to be them on judgement day! I don’t really understand your number 2…things that aren’t equitable under normal circumstances. Do you have any examples of those kinds on inconsistancies? And, where do you get a land man to look over these documents for you? Aren’t they all working for the oil companies? If all of these questions sound dumb or naive it is because I am when it comes to this! So, bear with me while I am getting educated! Thanks…hope everything else is going well. Have a fun weekend! Vicki

Vicki,

One of my specialties was Open Source Intelligence, so if there is a record of it somewhere, I will find it...see below for more info. I guess you live in Plano, and are a Plano girl. (pun). Anyway, I am willing to bet that you could probably find a retired landman at your church, or any other social organization you belong. I would not seek advice from people at a bar (I used to chew out junior officers for going to the O club and getting 40 cent mixed drinks by the tray full and then start running off at the mouth.... Same is true in the civilian world. You want to keep your associations on a sober, professional talking level, when you first approach them, and do not be shy in saying that you just don't understand. It should be pretty apparent, even to a neophyte whether a person knows what they are talking about after 20-30 minutes or if they are just trying to impress you. I was mentored by a both a full 4 star and a LtG when I first started out, and they taught me how to write (know my audience...keep it on their level or yours if you are seeking their help, never speak unless it is to ask a question and not until the other person has finished talking, and remember and this is probably inconsequential to this forum, but he said "Jack, if someone wants your opinion...they will ask for it" and it must have worked because I ended up teaching at some of those funny 3 letter places.

Being on the liver transplant list, and having bought a condo next door to the TMC that has nothing but doctors that live around me, listening to these self important dingbats during a homeowner's meeting would not make me want to take a dog to be healed by one of them. Most opinionated bunch of people in the world, which brings me to my last point...if you run into someone who is full of opinions but is not really asking a lot about your situation, you need to question yourself and ask just who is it this person is trying to impress, whereas a good landman is going to let you do the talking, even if you can't fill in all the details...he will know the right questions to ask.

Now if someone will get this woman who works as a makeup artist and owns one of the condos next to me and rents it out, and ended up losing a bundle in the 2008 economic downturn to leave me alone, since I can't stand Hollywood liberals and their skewed view of our defense and national security communities, I would be obliged.

I will be making an appointment with the oil and gas lawyer next week since I am on a thin line between Texas and Washington, and need to get this all sorted out. BTW, I did find out when doing my research that the operator sold out their interest to another company in 1992, then turned around and filed an indemnity suit against them, which was dismissed, and the company that bought them ended up having all of its assets taken over by another company in 2006, so I am wondering just how valid the leases are since the operators were not registered with the Texas Sec'y of State as doing business during the period that the leases were signed, and also another of the leases has a clause that says that if drilling did not start within a year then the deal was over and done with...except, there is a lot of whereas and wherefores, and what not in the language that is going to take the lawyer to untie. And also the ramifications of the lessor not starting to drill within a year of the contract, which if I read it correctly (the contract) puts everything back to the way it was. But this is a lawyer question. There is a lot of oil down there. I have seen the TXRRC well reports for the rig 1000' feet from my property line, plus my own 3 wells. I think where we all started getting hosed over was Texas "Natural Resources Code, Chapter 102, Pooling, Subchapter A. Provisions." The state it seems wants everyone to pool all of their oil together and get pennies on the dollar for it plus pay a boat load in taxes. I would just as soon take my chances in Afghanistan.

I also have to figure out when, if I can get this thing unscrewed, to ask for an increase in the royalty like Martin pointed out and what the best time to do it would be, and how not to get screwed over by the pooling law I just cited above.

BTW Vicki…if you can get Martin and your numbers on a bulletin board through this system, I can let you know how things went after I meet with the lawyer, and also give you Vicki a checklist of documents you really need to have in your possession.

Ok, Jack, you are funny...and, smart it seems. Yes, I live in Plano, but grew up down in Houston so I believe I know that TMC you are speaking of. I call on doctors for a living and believe me, some are brilliant, but some definitely were at the bottom of their class! The really good ones don't have anything to prove and usually treat us lowly reps like real people. There are those, though, that need me to understand that they are THE doctor...duhhhh, I wouldn't even be speaking to them if they weren't! You gave a lot of good advice, personal and professional. I am interested in finding out more and if I could do something about the bimbo next door, I would just to help you out! Maybe an NRA sticker on your front door would give the liberals a pause...just thinkin'!

What Martin and I have done to take it off line is to befriend each other on this site, then we can exchange info via our inbox. I will send you a friend invitation...you accept it if you choose...then we can e-mail through the inbox. I've actually talked to Martin, he is a great guy...very smart. He has studied this oil/gas stuff at length and was really helpful. I just think it is fun to talk to someone about this...my friends have not the first clue! And, I don't drink so it isn't because we are all drunk...I think being from farm stock is not as common as I thought it was! I've got a friend down the street from the "North" and she's never even seen an oil well! So funny what we take as "normal". My land is in North Zulch but I have mineral rights in different parts of Madison County. All of my people are from there...both sides. I am going to have to re-read what you wrote. It sounds like there was a very big upset and that some of these leases may have the possibility of being void? I've read my leases...there is still one I have to get my hands on...but, I don't know how to tell whether they have done what they were supposed to do...like drill within 3 years for example. The original leases are pretty vague, too.

I'm sorry about the liver transplant "thing"...that is big. We can talk more about it offline if you want. I guess you do feel pressure to get this unraveled and taken care of before you get the call.

I'm going to send you an invitation and talk more later...after I re-read what you wrote...got to go now!

Vicki

Question for all on the Madison County Forum:

Does anyone know of a lessee who had success in having a previous lease agreement set aside and re-negotiated because the lessor (the E&P company did not begin production as they stated they would, although in the first lease agreement put forth no time limit was set, and 2) the E&P company knowingly lied to the lessee about the existence of oil under the "pooled area", and 3) whether the lessor was able to negate the "pooling arrangement and negotiate a "pugh agreement" in lieu of a pooling agreement that starts at the Oklahoma state line and goes all the way to the Rio Grande, including property not owned by the lessee.

Enquiring minds are dying to know.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

I have heard that the major oil finds in Madison, Grimes and Brazos Counties will come in at around 10000 to 12000 ft. Has anyone else heard this?

The reason I have been told is because this where the Eagle Ford, Woodbine and Austin Chalk all come together with the Eagle Ford dropping off, the Austin Chalk picking up and the Woodbine remaining the same.

I just received an offer for $200K from one of those "let's see if this land is owned by stupid, inbred country folk" and throw a somewhat big figure at them and see if they will sell us their mineral rights. <KLAXON SOUNDS....CREWS SCRAMBLE TO READY AIRCRAFT>..

Hell no. One of our family's very good friends was one of the top wild-catters in his day and he said if they offered you $200K they know that your property is worth at least 20 times more than that. Word to the wise. Throw away those unsolicited letters to buy your mineral rights.

Just curious I get letters to make offer. Never sent anything in. Would you mind if i ask how many mineral acres the 200k was on? I mean 200k on 1000 acres is way low but I it’s on 20 acres then is above first offer

Can anyone tell me if our mineral rights property is in Woodbine?

Property is at 3493 Malone Rd. Ransom Alphin A-1 Survey

East of Hwy 75 and South of OSR Hopefully that is enough location discription Thanks Liz

Offered 500 and 3 years plus 2 option amy boatright a-7 --any thoughts if I should accept this on 20 acres net---should I try to limit acreage at 320 ? Offered 1/5 royalty ; hold out for 1/4 ? Thanks

Hello,

Our acres are just south west of you. Lets trade information and become neighbors. What address may we use. Walter

What company/driller is trying to lease your land?

Hello,

A few wells have been permitted for the Eagle Ford formation. The most recent is in the SW part of the county. Interesting.

wcm

#017839 This is old lease number. Property on sw corner of 190 and 413. 17 acres. Had lease offer of 500 acre . West of Madisonville. Old well in 1984 by Sharalan, Any advice. Where are permitted wells ThankS

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

Madison County ! Just received an offer from Navajo Resources Corp.

concerning AMY Boatwright Survey, A-7, Madison County , Texas

Lease offer :::: Tract total 34.0 gross acres of land

Own 6.0 net Mineral Acres… offer $500 per net mineral acres for 3 years with a two year option to extend for $400 per net Mineral Acres plus 1/5th

for the duration of the production life of any wells on property !

As you call see I am new to this form and would like any comments.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven,

I just pulled up the GIS Map of your Madison County A-& and the surrounding area. Several new wells have been permitted in the area just to the east of you . Well # 31185 was just spudded(begin drilling) on Sept 19, 2014. Well # 31037 just to the east of you is a fantastic oil and gas producer. It was drilled in 2013. My opinion is your minerals are worth a bunch more than what you have been offered. i f you don't have an oil and gas attorney helping you with this lease you certainly should. You're in a very good area. This link is to the completion report on well # 313-31037:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=105236

GIS Map of Madison County A-7 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Steven,

Crimson Expl. has permits approved for wells # 313-31185, 31195, 31197 and 31195 just to the east of your minerals. At the present time wells # 31185 is being drilled. Spud date(begin drilling) was August 19, 2014.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=488598190&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Qu27DMAz8mnQURCkOvHAwimbuI2gGI4NiC44A2TIoGW0BfXxpFwVSp3MmHY-n45EZpESVQQLCA1FTNcmF4bWhtpYnXPgPezbjGJXgtojJJCvSp5jiRlelZIXCjdo_HSuGeoYtOe_d0D1b6l2KL5Olrx9b0QYWbbG36RLaQ3g03jNRINk00XAIb9ZQc2GqRHmTpo5Lt6IuitGQ6d-Nn-wSkjNo0BqgLOaqwLPt3BCPLs1m7PanBrWqr_WrsXC_I8Tf5Xc4ms7S1ZL_XgRO9Vo3h0XICkFmzWCLMhf87pi4_X2Xe34DviS7UGECAAA

Clint Liles