Madison county oil fields

I am brand new to this computer stuff but managed to stumble into this site. Please tolerate me for a moment while i ask some dumb questions. How does one know what group or field their property lies in? Does anyone here know the name of the field that encompasses the land along the south east side of OSR from I-45 to Midway?

Thanks for your patience. GP

I think that is three fields…the Austin Chalk, Buda and Woodbine as maybe the Kurten.

Thanks for your time. How would i find out for sure what it is? I hear that Cheasapeake has a well going in but i dont know where. How do you find out?

GP

Give me the closest road locations, including FM numbers and state highway numbers as well as nearest towns or other fixed objects and I can look at it through a commercial satellite service.

graciepearl said:

Thanks for your time. How would i find out for sure what it is? I hear that Cheasapeake has a well going in but i dont know where. How do you find out?

GP

The property in question is at the SE corner of OSR and Hwy 75. Since i dont know what field that lies in, i dont know where the rig may be located… GP

Since that is on the other side of 45 that would definitely be the Austin Chalk and Buda formations.

graciepearl said:

The property in question is at the SE corner of OSR and Hwy 75. Since i dont know what field that lies in, i dont know where the rig may be located.. GP