Mad Max oil field

Is anyone getting actual activity near Mad Max oil field? We’re still negotiating with Empire.

I recently signed a lease in that area with empire, hoping for the best.. I also have had 4 other calls from other landmen. They must beleive there is something there...

Any particular thoughts on royalty for that area? Thank you.

larry pritchett said:

I recently signed a lease in that area with empire, hoping for the best.. I also have had 4 other calls from other landmen. They must beleive there is something there...

I did a lot of research during the process & was told around a $100/acre- 18% royalty was a fair rate in that area, all areas are different. Hope that helps you..

Thank you. Did you hire a lawyer to review the lease?

larry pritchett said:

I did a lot of research during the process & was told around a $100/acre- 18% royalty was a fair rate in that area, all areas are different. Hope that helps you..

I did not, but I spoke to the one that assisted me in the transfer of my inherited min. rights & other people that have dealt with Empire, I heard nothing bad-seem to be fair-no BS… Empire uses the “standard lease form” My parents & grandparents dealt with them for many years… Just make sure the final form states exactly what you agree to-anybody can make mistakes on paperwork, I had to make a couple corrections before I signed…

Thank you. I appreciate the info.

larry pritchett said:

I did not, but I spoke to the one that assisted me in the transfer of my inherited min. rights & other people that have dealt with Empire, I heard nothing bad-seem to be fair-no BS.. Empire uses the "standard lease form" My parents & grandparents dealt with them for many years.. Just make sure the final form states exactly what you agree to-anybody can make mistakes on paperwork, I had to make a couple corrections before I signed...

Where is Mad Max?

It’s an old oil field which I guess did not produce.
My area is Township 161. I know that’s huge but I think we’re just south of that oil field. Sorry I’m just figuring all this out.
Gayle said:

Where is Mad Max?