M.Muldoon #6 A-74

Has anyone been recently contacted by a landman regarding the M.Muldoon #6 A-74 tract?

No; but, where is this located? It looks like it is Muldoon; however, that is a rather large area.

I'm not sure yet. I was contacted by a landman just this afternoon. I'm now living in Arkansas so I'll have to do my research tomorrow by PC and phone.

I'm local, so I will do my best to follow up once you locate this mysterious location.

Al Wenkebach Jr said:

I'm not sure yet. I was contacted by a landman just this afternoon. I'm now living in Arkansas so I'll have to do my research tomorrow by PC and phone.I'm local

Great. I should know more tomorrow. I also would like to know the going amount of the signing bonuses in this area. It is going to be an Austin Chaulk well.

Bigfoot said:

I'm local, so I will do my best to follow up once you locate this mysterious location.

Al Wenkebach Jr said:

I'm not sure yet. I was contacted by a landman just this afternoon. I'm now living in Arkansas so I'll have to do my research tomorrow by PC and phone.I'm local

I'm not sure what's going on with the forum reply box; but, it has all kinds of extra writing so this might not come through. I just sent you a Friend request. If you answer me back as a friend, we can discuss some of this stuff without cluttering up the blog.

Al Wenkebach Jr said:

Great. I should know more tomorrow. I also would like to know the going amount of the signing bonuses in this area. It is going to be an Austin Chaulk well.

Bigfoot said:

Al Wenkebach Jr said:

How do I go about finding out what my percentage of mineral rights is on a certain lease. I inherited it but know nothing about it. I live out of state and I cannot afford to hire someone to research it for me. The lease in question is in Fayette county Texas. Thanks.

I have an attorney now and he is negotiating the lease offers as we speak. I'll post the results after I sign.

Still waiting for Denali to respond with their best offer and a copy of the Mineral Rights Report. My attorney has requested a number of changes to the warranty clause, shut-in amount, the Mother Hubbard clause, delivery at the pipeline amount, method of bonus payment, and the expense clause. Standing by in anticiapation.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Your attorney will get that information for you at some point. He is probably working with Denali on that as well. Their Landmen more than likely have already dug that information up. I'm sure he will take their information and then verify to be safe.

Kraut said:

How do I go about finding out what my percentage of mineral rights is on a certain lease. I inherited it but know nothing about it. I live out of state and I cannot afford to hire someone to research it for me. The lease in question is in Fayette county Texas. Thanks.

Thanks. By the way, is there a site that I can go to so I can see my tract and the surrounding tracts?

There are probably otheres that have a better understanding than I do; however, once you know specifically where your mineral interests are located, it is possible to get a drawing that shows your location and adjoining properties. But, first things first, the exact property location designation must in hand to have any idea.

Kraut said:

Thanks. By the way, is there a site that I can go to so I can see my tract and the surrounding tracts?

Okay. This tract is the M. Muldoon #6 A-74. It is located just to the west of the Hwy 154/2237 intersection. In fact, the intersection is in the M. Muldoon #5.

This will require some searching since I'm not familiar with this numbering system. I know the location you are talking about very well; however, these numbers mean nothing to me. If these numbers fo from #5 at the intersection of 154 and 2237 and #6 is West of that, then it will be very close to the Ivy well that has already been drilled. You wouldn't have any idea who owns the surface would you and/or if #6 is on the North or
South side of 2237. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Maybe only a couple of phone calls. Also, did you ever find out how many acres in the tract.

Kraut said:

Okay. This tract is the M. Muldoon #6 A-74. It is located just to the west of the Hwy 154/2237 intersection. In fact, the intersection is in the M. Muldoon #5.

The Ivy is in the Muldoon#6 A-74 as is the WW Cherry, I believe. I don't know how many acres or the landowners name.

2237 runs right through #6 a little below middle from side to side as it is depicted on the RR Comission map. There is no legend to show north and south and one corner of #6 almost touches 154. The 2237/154 intersection is in the extreme lower left hand corner of #5.

Bigfoot said:

This will require some searching since I'm not familiar with this numbering system. I know the location you are talking about very well; however, these numbers mean nothing to me. If these numbers fo from #5 at the intersection of 154 and 2237 and #6 is West of that, then it will be very close to the Ivy well that has already been drilled. You wouldn't have any idea who owns the surface would you and/or if #6 is on the North or
South side of 2237. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Maybe only a couple of phone calls. Also, did you ever find out how many acres in the tract.

Kraut said:

My brother, sister, and I have also been contacted by a landman regarding our mineral rights in Fayette County, TX. We are in San Antonio and are contemplating obtaining an O&G attorney to help us out. How did you find out exactly where your land is? I have the survey info (Elizabeth Devers) and abstract # (40), as well as block #, but no section # (other than 03 as listed for Fayette County by the TX RR Commission). Any help anyone can offer is fine. Also, what kind of bonus per acre were you offered?

Kraut said:

You can call this person at the Railroad Commission and he will navigate you to the place you need to be. 'Brent' at 512-463-6774. He was very helpful. Just have your computer ready and all of the info that you have for him.... The amount that I was initially offered has skipped my mind and I turned over the lease agreement to an attorney who is negotiating with Denali at this moment. I think that it was 200 or 300 an acre. I will never again try to do this without an attorney. Years ago I lost 75% of my rights on a well in Fort Bend county because I thought that I could do it on my own. I wasn't paying attention when I signed a division order. That well is behind me in my avatar photo. I was twelve when that pic was taken in 1955.

Kathleen Bernice Doneghy Henckel said:

My brother, sister, and I have also been contacted by a landman regarding our mineral rights in Fayette County, TX. We are in San Antonio and are contemplating obtaining an O&G attorney to help us out. How did you find out exactly where your land is? I have the survey info (Elizabeth Devers) and abstract # (40), as well as block #, but no section # (other than 03 as listed for Fayette County by the TX RR Commission). Any help anyone can offer is fine. Also, what kind of bonus per acre were you offered?

Kraut said:

Thank you so much. My brother and sister have been reluctant to notify an attorney, but this just affirms what I was thinking/feeling. I will call Brent and appreciate your info so much. Are you using that attorney in Flatonia I saw in some earlier comments on this forum?

Yes I am. Although I haven't seen any results yet, he was highly recommended. The negotiating process is on-going. Good luck. Let me know if you have any problems at the RRC.

Kathleen Bernice Doneghy Henckel said:

Thank you so much. My brother and sister have been reluctant to notify an attorney, but this just affirms what I was thinking/feeling. I will call Brent and appreciate your info so much. Are you using that attorney in Flatonia I saw in some earlier comments on this forum?