Lynn County, TX -Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Josh, where is that near? Looking for New Moore. Are they in SE Lynn?

Southwest Lynn County...Off of FM 213 near the Dawson and Terry County line.

Santo is setting up to frac a drilled well southwest of Union just in Lubbock county. They have a pad for another west of Union about 1/2 mile. They are drilling between Wilson an Slaton, they have permits for at least 2 more.

Hello Lynn County Group ! My name is Rick Box and I am 100% new to the Oil and Gas mineral rights ownership thing ! , I have 110 mineral Acers located in the Wilson area , I had a Land man show up one afternoon with contract and lease agreements in hand exsplaining that the other mineral rights owners in the family had signed their offers and SANTO had permits in place and were sitting on ready ! It took me about 45 more days too deliver the paperwork back to the Landman because I hired an O&G Atourney to look the offer and contract over and make a few changes and then it was signed and returned . I have the discription of (SE4) of section 33 , block 24, abstract 603 is there anyone close to that or within the same track as I am ? Thank you for any help ! Rick Box

Welcome to the group, Rick. Sorry I can't help you - we have no interests in the Wilson area.

Rick Box - I have rights in Sect. 5, Blk 20, Abstract 438. I don't have a map of the area to see just where that is compared to your rights. My rights are located about 3 miles southwest of Wilson. I did not think there was any leasing going on in that area at this time. Just curious when you leased and the per lease acre amount if you don't mind giving that info. I am not familiar with "Santo".

William Richard Copeland I signed my lease in October 2014 , 3 year lease 2 year option @ 250.00 per mineral acre , and that’s from what I recall at the time the O&G Attourney that I am using told me that was the going rate for the area that Santo Petrolium was interested in leaseing .

Thanks, Rick!

we had an offer from raw oil, now smith energy for $250/acre as well

that was in march

I am also new to this site, but my family has mineral interests in Lynn co section 5 block C 41. 160 acres. Is there any activity in this area and if so do any of you know someone that might be interested in leasing ours

Does anyone know when and who did the first seismic study of the area near Block O, the Terry/Lynn/Dawson/Gaines area? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Josh, Dawson Geophysical out of Midland did seismic on a large area of Lynn Co. last year - they were trying to get seismic permits on 106 sq. miles for RAW. Don't know if they did this particular block, but maybe that helps.

Is there any new interest in Lynn County? especially up near the Lubbock county line?

Thanks Paige,

Yes Dawson was surveying a good chunk of land. I heard someone else surveyed the area even before the Shell deals.

I looked yesterday at the RRC website, and only 3 permits this year in Lynn Co. - one n/e of Wilson, and 2 in far s/w county (Block O) by RAW (Smith).

My sister received a call from Dawson Geophysical a few weeks ago asking to do a seismic study on our land. She talked with a man named, Larry Shannon. Has anyone else been contacted?

https://www.usgs.gov/news/usgs-estimates-20-billion-barrels-oil-tex...

This is the latest about the Wolfcamp from USGS. What I am wondering is it possible this could affect Lubbock and Lynn County years from now?

Good Morning,

we have 240 acres in DAWSON COUNTY, for lease no for sale, there are 4 of us, it is in block 35 section 2 T4N if you are interested please contact me on here or at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com thank you