Lynn County, TX -Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Below are portions of a transcript that was pasted onto the Terry Co. Group, and Lynn Co. is mentioned. Discussion by Concho Resources CEO where they discuss their acreage acquisitions in Terry and Hockley counties. This is another large oil co. There is a lot of talk about the Wolfcamp and Cline shale formations. Here is a link to the article:

http://seekingalpha.com/symbol/cxo

Concho Resources' CEO Discusses Acquisition of Three Rivers Operating Co. (Transcript)

And then up to the north, we’re picking up a strategic piece of acreage in Terry Co. in and around that new development we have for Cline and Wolfcamp up in the northern part of Midland Basin. And then in the south, we get a very attractive block of acreage down in the Southern Midland Basin. This will greatly complement our effort to increase horizontal drilling in the Midland Basin.

Matt Hyde

I think we gave some insight into the northern Midland Basin potential with our announcement of our acreage position up there in Terry and Hockley. Genuinely, as you know, there has been a very little information out about that specific portion of the Midland Basin. Although, I can tell you, there are lots of people that are active up there including some fairly large operators at this point in time. Most of the public information out there is specific genuinely to the southern Midland Basin at this point in time, and then just recently, more over into the Eastern Shelf. But I can assure you, there is quite a bit of activity behind the scenes going on – on the northern portion of the Midland Basin, both with respect to the Wolfcamp and the Cline.

Sven Del Pozzo – IHS Herold

Looking at the last couple of deals we’ve just talked about, you’ve mentioned one in Terry County and in Lynn and then down in the bottom right hand corner Reeves and Pecos County. It seems like you’re buying stuff for cheaper that’s away from activity whether there might be greater uncertainty associated with the quality of the acreage that’s being acquired. So – and you mentioned also at least for this stuff at Terry County and Lynn County, the Wolfcamp and the Cline Shale, in the same Senate’s. I’m wondering if it’s generally true what I said that there is not as much drilling in those areas. Can we think about these plays being much more expensive than the way that we know them today based on current drilling and would you agree with that and does that mean there is more acreage out there to grab?

Tim Leach

Yes, I would agree with that, so would just about every one of my competitors. And the acreage grab, I mean, you rightly point out that a lot of things we’re doing, we’ve had a great amount of success in the northern part of the Delaware Basin and there has been some success over in the southern part of the Midland Basin. And the real question is, where can you find rocks that look like that in other parts of the Permian, and that’s what’s driving all this activity.

And so it is, you step out, the acreage is a less expensive than if I was buying a block of acreage right next to one of my really highly productive horizontal program, but it’s riskier. But at the Permian Basin with it stacked plays, it’s a level of risk, I think you can get comfortable with and that’s what is going on in our industry today. And we think that we’ve got some pretty good signs here in Concho and we’re pretty excited about the opportunities there in front of us.

Another good article on the Wolfcamp & Cline Shale.

http://www.approachresources.com/approach/files/ab/ab8ea30d-8a05-4f46-be96-d0568bc41784.pdf

Citizens Shale Advisors gave a presentation at the Electric Coop in Tahoka last week. If you haven't signed a lease yet you owe it to yourself to take a look at www.DontSignThatLeaseYet.com.

NARO-Tx Convention in San Antonio, June 13-15 --- anyone else (besides me) attending? If so, let's connect!

National Assn. of Royalty Owners, Texas - Town Hall Mtg. in Lubbock on Aug. 14-15

(I learned SO much at the NARO conventions - would highly recommend this to anyone who's not an expert!)

Contact Person: Ed Fowler (806) 535-9068

Dates of Event:
• August 14, 2012 at 6-9 p.m.
City Bank Building
5219 City Bank Parkway

• August 15, 2012 at 1:30-4:30 p.m.,
Texas Tech University McKenzie-Merket Center
17th Street and University ON THE CAMPUS

Sponsoring Agent: National Association of Royalty Owners- Texas, Inc.(NARO-Texas)

The National Association of Royalty Owners will sponsor Town Hall meetings in Lubbock on August 14th and 15th to educate area residents on topics of interest to mineral/royalty owners. Owners of small and large mineral/royalty interests are encouraged to attend.

Topics will include determining decimal interest, negotiating leases, division orders, production payments, state statutes, helpful websites, and the role NARO and NARO-Texas play in protecting mineral and royalty rights. There will also be time for Q&A.

There is no charge for the meeting. Reservations are requested for adequate planning of printed materials. Adequate parking is available at both locations, but ride-sharing is encouraged. For reservations, please email: replynaro2012@gmail.com

For more information on these events, click this link: NARO TX Town Hall - Lubbock, TX.pdf

Paige. Thanks for the information. I will try to attend the sessions in Lubbock.

Has anyone had dealings with Anthem Oil & Gas?

A friend in Fisher County suggested CSA for leasing help. The videos are very interesting.

http://citizensshaleadvisors.com/

A June 19 photo I took of the Shell Stephens well just north of 380 about a dozen miles west of Tahoka, fracking underway. The owner (can't say his name right now) was out watching too, and said the crew was tight-lipped (surprise) but he understood that they were isolating and testing each fracking stage individually and expected to be done in September. Any further word whether they're done? Rumors as to results? Nothing new on the RRC. It's API 305-30516 if anyone's interested in following it.

Anyone else attending the NARO nat'l. convention here in Dallas this weekend? If so, let's connect!

http://naro-us.org/events?eventId=414669&EventViewMode=EventDetails

I will be there. I'll be looking for ya.

Super, Melissa - see ya!

I read that people have commented within last couple of hours but finding it difficult to locate the last comment. Any help navigating site would be appreciated.

Hi Cass - welcome to the Lynn County group!

If you're receiving emails that say there's a new comment in this Group, then click on the link in your email below the words:

"To view the new comment, visit:..." --- that should take you directly to the comment.

Below is a link to a piece by a Midland tv station about the anticipated production from the Cline shale. Whereas most maps show the Cline is oblong from northeast to southwest, one of the experts quoted says it stretches from "Midland to Big Spring, and Lubbock to Big Lake" - yippee!

http://www.newswest9.com/story/20537243/cline-shale-creating-major-buzz-in-the-basin

Also note the video piece on the right side of the article.

Santo Petroleum is doing a 3d seismic on about 150 sections in northern Lynn and southern Lubbock Counties. Can they read it as they go or does it have to be complete? The redrill at Wilson is making 100 bpd. They are drilling Tahoka Lake pasture.

Lonnie - You mentioned the redrill at Wilson; can you tell me about where around Wilson? Has there been any marked change in leasing in and around Wilson. My Mom has some rights that I tried to lease about a year ago, just southwest of Wilson, but could not get any interest from leasing companies. Said the area was not in their priority zone.

The redrill is on the Herzog farm . Onehalf an onehalf north of Wilson. There is a pad being built one quarter north west of town. A well is being drilled on the west edge of Tahoka Lake. All are vertical. There is also a rig on Lynn Garza Co line.

Is there any activity up on the lubbock county line west of 87?

150 sections of 3 D seismic from 2 mi west of 87 to 8 mi east. about 15 mile north to south.

That great, means they are looking, I have a friend that is not computer savy who has mineral rights on county road 1. I told him I would try to keep up with what is going on.