Lubbock County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

The Four Sevens well that was taken over by Forge, was recompleted in what they called the Clearfork. It was more than 3 miles from any Clearfork production, North or South. Tested after frac job and was nothing but water, not even a rainbow of oil. Enduro Preston and Ratliff were both expensive tests that were completed at the recommendation of Halliburton and then fracked by Halliburton with tracer compounds in every stage of the frac, with Enduro footing the bill. Both were extreme water wells with only the Preston making any oil at all. Before shut down it was making 2 bbl oil every other day with 160 bbl water per day. The Ratliff only made water from day one. Only thing Enduro folks would say was that they tried to make wells but the zone, which they called the Cline, was just not mature enough to have hydocarbons in place but looked good on the logs, according to Halliburton who by the way logged both wells also.

There are not enough drilling rigs in the world to drill all the acreage these companies have leased

I had a lease with Double Eagle that expired August 12 and there was no renewal. We just need to face reality and that is that the boom that everyone thought was going to occur back in 2009 - 2011, is now a bust for Lubbock, Lynn, and large parts of Terry country.

When you say you are in the oil business in Lynn or Lubbock or Hale County you are using the term very very loosely.

They didn’t bring in the Big Cahuna that would be required to support further drilling.

The only thing that has been found in Lubbock County recently is huge salt water wells. Unfortunately there is no market for salt water at the current time.

As a working member of the “oilfield” in Lubbock County, I can tell you that all of the wells drilled by Enduro, Four Sevens, Santo and others to test the deep zones and unconventional zones in Lubbock county were an expensive lesson of the reality that geologists have big dreams for all regions but the drill bit proves most of those dreams to be just that, dreams

I think there are a lot of areas where there are hydrocarbons where the technology has not figured out how to get it out economically, yet. There are also a lot of marginal areas that will not draw the capital to drill because they want to focus on the high return areas to help cash flow. In short, don’t write these counties off forever. If you own surface also and can afford to pay the taxes, the appreciation in land prices makes it worth holding onto.

Business plan that was used is this

Lease everything if possible, thereby avoiding having to deal with other partners who might own leases.

Select target drill sites that look the most promising.

If successful then develop target areas.

If not plug and abandon and release all leases.

Harsh reality my friends.

These people could care less about you mineral owners. They are interested in finding oil.

the four sevens well you are referencing Chaney is a water well.

So you know what happens with water wells they get plugged.

Ouch, they spent millions on the deal

For sure Chaney, I was hoping that there would be a prolific oil play in Lubbock County.

Hi reiger. Shell was not able to move their acreage in Lynn County. Most of the leases were for an initial 3 year period, with a renewal option of 2 additional years for Shell. Once the dry holes started popping up like tumbleweeds, Shell tried to sell off all of those leases, but if an independent wanted to lease the acreage, why buy it from Shell. Just let the lease expire after 3 years and then the independent can come in and make an offer. At least that is what I have heard.

Four Sevens has declined all requests to extend the lease options from leases they negotiated in 2010 for the next 2 year periods. They are letting all leases expire under the original terms without comment. The shine has gone off the rose as far as Lubbock County non-conventional production is concerned. Enduro has quietly done the same thing. Empressa never drilled their prospect after the Four Sevens Teal was such a bust. Texland however has permitted a couple of interesting tests. Will they be successful where the others were not? Time will tell.

No activity in Lubbock County, but friend has rigg drilling near Littlefield, down over 5000 feet going down at least 11000 hope they hit oil.

Santo has permitted 3 wells in SE Lubbock County. Visiting with them about it they said maybe they could find something now as they have refined their seismic information. Good luck to them

Pump Jack Al do you have update on Santo.

Santo seems to be doing well. The first 2 wells drilled have evidently been successful as they set production casing on both. They have not started completion but at least they set casing. That is better than anyone else. The one in Lynn County has taken longer than the 1st wells but no telling what that means.

Santo got a dry hole between Wilson and Slaton. The other 2 wells drilled have had completion rigs on them but do not see any rods sticking out or batteries being built. Time will tell the tale.

Santo will be plugging the 2 wells they had run casing on in Lubbock County. One between Slaton and Idalou and then the other east of US 87 near the Lynn County line. Both were tested and little to no commercial production was encountered.

I am looking for a land man to run title in Lubbock County, TX within the next few days or week. Please contact me via PM if you are available. Thanks.

Wake up Lubbock County! My Dad and I looked for the Clearfork back in the 80’s with George W. Bush. Anything going on these days? Are people trying to buy your minerals?

Just joined this County - I’m a Permian Basin / Wolfberry / Landman contributor and new member of the forum.

Bobby G