Loving County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thank you,the land man told our trustee that they were looking to do 12 wells.

If that is the case, at least 2 different benches and probably three. Figure Bone Spring and Wolfcamp intervals.

Does anyone have any information about what fully participating mineral rights in Section 21 might be worth? Has there been any drilling activity in this area recently? If geological maps/surveys are available, where would I find them? Thank you!

Bill,

What Block are you in?

Block 29

when the driller starts to do a new well for fracking about how long does it take to get oil.? And do they remove the drill and replace it with a pumpjack untill it stops producing?

I think the overall timing of drilling and completion and production was covered in another thread a few weeks ago, but in short, the rig will drill the well and horizontal wellbore, set casing and then move off of location. Operator will then move in completion equipment to perforate and frac the horizontal. Equipment is then moved off and flow back equipment moved in to drill out plugs and test the well. Then this equipment is moved off and well is shut in until operator has pipeline hook up and production facilities in place. Weill will initially flow O&G on its own and will do for some time until pressures drop to the point where some form of artificial lift is needed. This would in the form of a surface pump, downhole pump, gas lift or some other option.

Note that the timing of operations after the rig moves off is not automatic, I.e. happens right away. There can be weeks to months between rig moving off and completion operations commencing.

You may want to google some "oil field primer" sites to give you a better idea of all that will be happening on this well in the coming months.

Thanks,boy it's not like it seems.drill a hole and out comes the oil.Do they still use pump jacks ?

Yes I'm gona have to try and find some drilling information for my knowledge.

Thanks again

Pump jacks are still in wide use but there are several other alternatives for "pumping" - all depends on the well and related specifics.

Remember total well cost to drill and frac / complete will be in the $7 to $10 Million range - barring problems.

We have interests in Block 28, Sections 20, 22, 26, 29, 34. Most of these sections have shallow wells (named Haley) and were drilled in the 1950's. We are not interested in selling, but offers have increased from about $15,000 for all the wells to a recent offer of over $400,000 for the same wells. What is going on here? I know they are drilling some deep wells and there is a lot of fracking. Also if an interest is leased to 5000 feet, can another lease be added from say 5000-15,000. Thanks. John Brewster.

The deep drilling and frac'ing in your area has increased the price of poker for minerals. I am assuming that your shallow wells are holding all rights and not depth severed (common situation in old leases like yours).

And yes, if there are only rights leased or HBP to shallow depth (i.e. 5000'), the rights below 5000' are open for new leasing.

Thanks - we are checking to see if they are depth severed.

Does anyone know how bad the flooding was around Block 33 section 95’i had heard it was pretty bad,were suppose toget a drill and I was wondering if it’s there and working.

Just got a email this morning telling me there 5800 feet down,how far do they drill befor they turn the drill.?

Just ball park guess-timates but they will probably start building angle over the next few thousand feet and be horizontal around 10,000-11,000'.

In response to John Weldon Brewster's comment on 9/27/2014: We got a very high offer for our mineral rights from this company: http://pleasantgroveholdings.com/

I sent them an email response asking for more information and never heard back. I think this is a scam of some kind. We often get very low offers to purchase the rights ($10,000-$20,000) but this was a six figure offer.

Current Lease Name:
BOHLANDER 33-95
Event:
Surface
Event Date:
10/04/2014 04:00
Event Depth:
Operator (ph):
ANADARKO E&P ONSHORE LLC
Well Number:
1H
Drilling Contractor:
TRINIDAD
Rig Number:
Company Man:
MICHAEL GARCIA ( 832-562-4737 )
FROM MENTONE ON CR 300 GO 6.4 MI N T/L GO 2 MI T/L GO 2.6 MI T/R GO 2.5 MI T/R GO 4/10 MI TO LOC
Tubing Depth1:
Tubing Size1:
Tubing Depth2:
Tubing Size2:
Liner Top:
Liner Bottom:
Liner Size:
Casing Depth:
Casing Size:
10 3/4
Cementer:
OTEX
Comments:
CMT 10/4/14 @ 1200 OH: 13 1/2 1205 LD 220 TL

Just posted latest "well info" from DrillingInfo for your well - a few days behind what is happening in the field.

Next report will be when they hit TD

With WTI oil prices falling, will the oil companies in the Permian continue drilling? I've read that if prices fall below $80 a barrel, it may be too cost prohibitive for the smaller companies to continue in some cases.

Matador has just leased our C-24, Section 12, and I assume the company will carry on with its drilling for the next six months or so.

Rock Man, I appreciate all the helpful and detailed information you are providing us on this forum.

Price drops as well as increased deductions off of posted oil prices (due to marketing issues - over $10 per BO in Permian now) will impact future drilling depending on each company's internal economics and metrics.

Hate to say it, but having a lease does not guarantee it will be drilled. Companies regularly will let a lease expire instead of pouring in more money to drill a well that they deem will not be as economic as they originally thought.