Loving County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

No permits over past three years under that lease name.

Bohlander producing lease had last production in 2005

We just got the Drilling Permit this morning showing up on the W-1now I guess we waite for approval on this well.

How long does it take to go from Drilling Permit to being approved.

Filing permit to final approval may take several weeks - especially if the Tx RRC staff finds problems and/or errors in the original filing

LOOKS LIKE AROUND 6 WEEKS.WE ALREADY DAD A PROBLEM THAT WAS CLEARED UP SO I HOPE THERE IS NO MORE.

I would urge caution in dealing with Cimarex. Just had them withdraw an offer on a tract where we were down to negotiating small changes on the final form of a lease. Meanwhile, the owners had turned down several other offers that came in while we were pursuing the lease with Cimarex, in the assumption a deal would go through. Apparently, Cimarex feels no obligation. Unfortunate, because I know they are a major player in the area.

I'm hoping someone can answer this question.

Matador Oil has just requested permission from the Texas Railroad Commission to drill in one of the sections where we own the mineral acres. The problem is that we signed a 3-year lease with another oil company to drill in that same section. In this scenario, do we, the mineral rights owners, still receive some percentage of the oil proceeds even though we didn't sign with Matador originally?

Have to figure that Matador has a working interest / joint venture agreement with the group that you are leased to. If this is the case, there will be a unit formed and your percentage will be based on your acreage size and interest versus the entire size of the unit.

John,

Matador may have bought your lease from the other supposedly oil company and/or was the other company actually an oil company or a company leasing for Matador?

Clint Liles

Clint Liles

Clint,

We signed with an oil company now drilling in the area. It wasn't a broker.

John,

Congratulations and hoping you get some good production.

Clint Liles

Can a person get close to a drillimg rig? A friend wants to go down to the area were there going to be drilling ,I told him to stay away.

Drilling locations are very dangerous for a variety of reasons. Contractors are very touchy about "outsiders" coming on location - basically none are allowed.

Odds are there will be a gate guard at the entrance to keep everyone out.

Ideally rig is close enough to road to see a lot of what is going on without being on location.

Ok our land man told us were on the secdule for October drilling.there suppose to frac and my question is just how long of a process is that before they recover oil and or gas.whats the timeline for something like this? How soon can I expect to see any money that’s the bottom line here.

First I will say that patience is a virtue that has to be had in the O&G field since things always tend to run slower that most people would want to see happen.

Drilling will take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks depending on problems that may be encountered.

Completion / frac operations do not automatically begin once the drilling rig moves off after well gets to TD. It depends on the operator as to how quickly they get the completion operation started - but for sake of time estimation, let's say this process starts 4 to 8 weeks after rig moves off location.

Once well is frac'd (about a week long process give or take), equipment will be moved off and test facilities set up to flow the well back. Let's give this another 1-2 weeks (again not automatic and very operator dependent).

Ideally, work is being done on gas pipeline hook up to the location parallel to drilling / completion operations. Assuming that there will be a lot of gas being produced, the operator will not want to flare this gas (burning money) to produce oil or condensate while they are waiting on gas pipeline hook up.

So let's add 4-6 weeks for pipeline hook up after frac flowback operations are completed.

Once well goes to sales (pipeline), you will probably see Division Orders 2 to 4 months after production commences. This time frame also varies by operator.

Then after you sign the DO's and return them to operator, first check can be expected in about a month and then every month like clock work.

Adding all this up, you have a time frame of 6-7 months to almost a year from the rig moving on and spudding well to receipt of your first check.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear but this is the reality of the oil field - especially in today's world with all the complications associated with these horizontal completions.

First to Rock Man thank you. Now I guess I’m not understanding ,you refer to TD,does that mean take depth? Also what are the DO’s ?

TD = total depth = end of the horizontal wellbore - which should be 4000' to 6000' long. This is the point casing is set at.

DO's = Division Orders = the paperwork that outlines all the details as to who gets what as to royalty payments and working interest payments. This is basically the template that you will paid upon for the life of the well, so it is recommended that you totally agree with the royalty percentage that you have based on your share of the production unit for this well.

By the way, who is the operator for this well? Do you know the well name? Or API number? I'd like to look up the permit info.

Hey Rockman,

Here is the 'submitted' drilling permit by Anadarko:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=BOHLANDER%2B33-95&univDocNo=488652904

Clint Liles

Thanks. 7400' horizontal - probably 6 weeks spud to TD barring any problems. Estimated at least $8 Million drilled and completed (and I may be light on this number).

Thanks guys I have been waiting many years for something to happen with this land.Back in the 1980s it was drilled and I did get some money,that was before francking and oil was around $20.00 a bbl.So this is going to be very interesting and I hope profitable . I’m 77 now I hope I live a bit longer to have some fun.