Love County Update Please

I live in Iowa. I have mineral rights in Section 19 - Township 6S Range 1W. The company that we leased our mineral rights to previously is now out of business. I would like to re-lease the mineral rights. Can anyone tell me the status of this section? Has there been any activity? Also, are there any good landmen / leasing companies that you would recommend. Thank you.

Make sure that your name and address and description of acres are properly filed at the Love county courthouse so that you can be found. If they want to lease, they will find you. XTO had wells planned in that section but pulled back during the low prices of last year. Time will tell as to who might come back in and take up the baton. If you did not received any of the mailings from XTO last year, then they don’t know how to contact you. Camino was leasing in that section last year.

Who went out of business? Not many small players in Love Co. (for horizontal development anyways).

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.