Love County - Outlaw Well - Trailhead

Has anyone heard status of the Outlaw Well with Trailhead? They will not give any detailed status updates. I thought someone on here may know more. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

What section, township and range? There are many wells named OUTLAW.

Sections 4 & 9-8S-3E

Should be the same as Trailhead’s Ranger Well

The OUTLAW 1-5H32X is in 5 & 32. Surface location is in 0508S03E and goes north into 32. It was spud on 9/6/21 and is currently listed as a DUC which means Drilled UnCompleted. No activity on the OK tax site.

Thank you for your information. In Feb of 2023, Trailhead told me “We have drilled and set surface casing. No other updates at the moment.”
I am just not experienced enough to read between the lines. :slight_smile:

Pretty big difference between a DUC and drilled and set surface casing. If they spud it 18 months ago and only set surface casing, well, I wouldn’t expect much.

Call Bryant Kopriva and ask him. :man_shrugging:

As a production geologist, I would read that info as they had a spud rig on location and drilled down just far enough to set the surface casing (spud 9/6/21). Or they used the same rig (probably) as The Ranger (spud 9-12-21) and drilled the first part. I haven’t gone back to look at the rig history. The Ranger surface casing was set at 3604’. Until Trailhead posts the completion report, we will not know if they actually drilled to the final depth. Or they may want to change the direction of the well.

Maybe someone on the forum has more information.

Thank you both. I have learned from you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.