Love County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Rhett, I will not lease for more than 3 years or do an extension clause. I will give the Lessee first option to lease at the end of 3 years if they will meet or beat any other offers.

Thanks Ann I went with RD Williams they made me a offer could not pass on. Got them up 350 dollar more than what they usally offer. With a 3year lease at 3/16 royalty and clause to benfit me taking lease to lawyer monday or tuesday.

Sounds like you’re in good shape, Corey. Hope you get a great well out of the deal.

Also, the RD Wms letter was certified and dated a good bit before she received the post office notice - I believe she said 10 days. Both in the same town.

Corey & others: Re: RD Williams - think I found a bad apple. Am helping an old friend with her lease. She received a letter from an RD Williams broker offering to lease. I had her call the contact number and request a copy of their lease form for her review - Myles Stroud refused to send her a lease form copy unless she selected which option she wanted and returned the letter offer to him with her signature.

That’s the first RD Wms. guy I’ve heard about a problem with.

Terry, it’s unfortunate as RD Williams has a number of landmen working for them that are great guys.

Thanks Ann , we need the Bad as well as the Good information. That will help all of us.

Is anybody hearing of any thing going on in Section 16 township 6 south range 3 east

Stephen,

Nothing in township 06S 03E since Oct 2007

Does anyone know what is going on in Section 19 Township 6S Range 1 W? XTO Energy Filed to Establish a 640 Acre Drilling and Spacing Unit in May 2013. The hearing has been postponed 3 or 4 times. The last hearing was to be in September. I didn’t see another postponement. Any news?

Check the OCC.

Anyone know anything about section 5 8 south 2 east? I inherited it but I live in Ohio. I have no idea what’s going on. They are offering 5000 an acre to sell my mineral rights.

Thanks I don’t have much. I think my share is 1.87

I made a mistake on the location of the rights I have in Oklahoma. The area I need to find out about is Section 7,Township 6 South, Range 1 East(not 2 East). What do any of you know about how the leases are going in this area. I have been offered $600 per acre with 3/16ths. Any information would be appreciated

Here are some interesting fillings by XTO with the OCC

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/occ5054947.pdf

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/occ5054949.pdf

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/occ5054950.pdf

Has any body been offer a 1/5 from XTO or any leasing co. R.D. Willams has offer us a lease but said no body was given a 1/5 thanks for any info. Raymond

I don’t know how to look up the pooling orders. but the min. are in sec 14 and 15 of 8S 2E

Below is a map of Love co. and part of Cooke county Texas where XTO did a 3d geophysical survey back in Sept of 2012 .

Carolyn & Raymond…I wouldn’t believe them that no 1/5 has been offered.

What section and township are your minerals in? First thing os to look for some existing pooling orders in the area and see what the royalty deals are. Otherwise, I now usually wait for forced pooling rather than leasing…that way you will know what the best deals in the surrounding 9 sections are.

C&R: I looked at pooling in 8S-2E and there are no recent pooling orders…all older and small units. XTO has filed a pooling application in Section 3 8S-2E which is 2 sections north of you, but no order yet. It is cause CD 201306789. If you google Oklahoma Corporation Commission, go to their website then follow the links: divisions - oil and gas - databases - scroll down to oil and gas data mining - document imaging - OAP orders and case files - then enter that CD number under case # and you will see all the documents for that pooling application…when an order is issued it will be described as order. When that comes that will give you a good indication of the best available deals. In general up in Carter county, the top royalty rates have been 1/4 no bonus, or 1/5 with bonuses ranging from $500 up $1,200/acre. I know they are starting to resist the higher royalty rates…but they want to lease, so being patient pays off. Also make sure you research and get a good rider on your contract, and insist on no deductions on sales (their standard form contracts allow for deductions for transportation and processing oil and gas. ) Here is a direct link to the page I sent you to: http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx