Love County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Earl Mathews: My family leased 42 acres on Love Co. Sec 24 6 S 2E for 3 yr lease 250 Bonus and 3/16ths. This was 18 months ago.

I really, really need someone to help me figure out what is going on with 26-6S-1E…the Day-1-26X37. Is there a landman in this group? Or some way to find one who can help us?

I need someone to read the latest Order # 645387 on this well and let me know what’s going on with it. There is so much confusion, I don’t know who to believe. 1 person says it’s for new drilling in different sources of supply and another says…no…it’s just vacating spacing and establishing new drilling for the already existing well which has a “problem” with production due to an error with the well bore and and not an issue with the Woodford formation. Does that make any sense at all?

Margo I’ve found OCC employees to be very helpful. Try Donna Darnell, ddarnell@occemail.com

Thanks, Ann.

We have mineral right in Love county and LE jones is asking the OK Corporation Commission to remove Gillett Sand common source of supply and insert the wording to say “The Taylor common source of supply” because Gillet sand is not a geologic common source of supply on any geologic correlation table-- so what does this mean and is it a big deal. thanks Bernie

Does anyone have experience with XTO and Division Orders? The June well on 27-6S-1E was completed on June 12 and we haven’t received a DO, yet. If they don’t get it to us by the 6 month time period, can we get interest on the royalties? How does that work? Thanks for any info you can give.

Thanks for the info, Jay. I haven’t been on their web site yet…guess I need to do that.

Yes you are due interest 6 months past the date of production. Get on XTO website or send them a letter asking about it. Remind them the time frame for them to pay without paying statutory interest at 12% is close, 6% if you have title issues. I have had better luck with XTO than others.

http://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2014/title-52/section-52-570.10

We’re still waiting for the DO on the well XTO drilled on 27-6S-1E. I called last month and was told they were still doing title work and it would be after the “first of the year”. I told her the well started producing in June, 2015…and asked if they would pay interest and she said she guessed they would, since it was past the 6 months time frame. I wondered if anyone else in this group owns in this section and if so, have you received your DO, yet?

Kurt,

You can check out the production numbers on the OTC web site…just search the public section by legal and you can pull up what has been reported to the OTC. It’s far behind…the most recent umbers are for the month of October, but at least it’s something to go on.

I really hope we get a DO soon.

Margo, I know we had to do a little paperwork in December to get things sorted out. I called the office to see where that was at yesterday but have not received a call back. I was hoping to see a DO this month but that may still be wishful thinking. Has anyone heard what kind of production it doing?

I have interest in two wells that began producing in March 2014. I have still not received any royalty payments for the oil from XTO. They sent out the DOs in October, but still no checks. The wells are on sect 17 and 18- 7 south-1 east.

Susan,

Have you tried calling and talking to XTO?I was at least able to get through to a human in the DO department…but she gave me no date for the DOs to be sent out. It’s very frustrating to be waiting with no information. I hope you get your checks soon.

Thanks for your suggestion, Margo. I’ve never had any success with calling XTO. I leave messages on the recording, but no one ever calls me back. Guess I need to keep trying.

Susan,

Does the Oklahoma Corporation Commission have someone you could call to see if they could help? Like an ombudsman or someone like that? It seems like you should have some help with getting your checks, somehow.

sorry. that should be March 2015.

Susan, Try calling XTO and ask for accounting. Tell accounting you cannot get anyone in owner relations to return your call. Accounting may be able to give you information about the delay in receiving revenue.

If that doesn’t work, try asking for legal. If you still cannot get satisfactory information from legal, send legal a letter inquiring about the delay and send it by certified mail.

Judy and Margo, Thanks for your helpful suggestions. Appreciate the good advice!

Kurt,

We haven’t received anything. Not sure how they could send a check without a DO.

If you hear anything, I’d love to know.