Love County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

okenergytoday.com website gone. Anyone know where to see drill/spacing permits and completion reports now?? Thanks.

I was just now able to get it. Maybe it was down for maintenance or something when you tried.

7S 2W, Section 30…I have an offer on a small interest for a 2 yr. lease:

$300 1/8th, or no bonus 3/16ths, or participate.

It’s for L. E. Jones & is 7,100’ Taylor Pennsylvanian test.

Any info on other area lease offers would be appreciated.

2 year leases are good. it means they are going to do something. don’t take less than 3/16

7S 2W - I mis-stated part part of the offer:

It’s $250 & 3/16ths.

Val…have you heard anything about the Day well on 26-6S-1E? I was told by a geologist that there is a “problem” with the formation under that section and the well won’t ever "do " much production. I don’t know what that means. and there is a protest on that well also…but have heard nothing more than that. Can anyone help?

I have a offer for Love Co. Sec 23 6 S 2E for 3 yr lease 250 Bonus aprox. 8 acres is this a reasonable offer ? Thank you.

I checked the OTC records for gross production for the Day well and nothing has been reported to them since April…and our royalties have been incredibly small to non-existent…wish I could get some info on what’s happening And CR won’t respond to emails or phone calls…it’s frustrating to say the least.

Val, I’ve requested zero bonus and 1/4th. Will let ya all know if they agree. Am waiting for a copy of the lease form so I can check the clauses.

Margo, let us know what you find out. I’m in Sec. 22 & 23 right above 26.

Margo, in 2012 I leased Sections 15 & 22. My leases have now expired and they excluded the Woodford Formation anyway. They were interested in a Pennsylvanian, Hunton 6,000’ well but unfortunately it dry holed. It was right on Oswalt Road, W of I-13, the Brown well.

The Geologist on that well told me they weren’t interested in the Woodford anyway & that there was a fault cutting off the Woodford. He was wrong about the Hunton so who knows if he’s right about the Woodford formation.

Ann…I will be glad to share any info I get…but so far no one is responding. And I don’t know who else to ask. We had gotten an offer to buy our minerals in 26 when the offer was re-called due to “something wrong” with the formation under that section. I have NO idea what that means.

I ran into an XTO employee last week and he said he thought XTO would slow down but continue drilling.

Best of luck, Margo.

I meant I-35 (DUH!)

Ann…I’m a newbie at all of this so this is all news to me but I thought the Woodford was good. We really wanted to sell our minerals in 26 since the royalties are really low…but now I guess we can’t. Wouldn’t Continental’s geologists and other experts know about a “bad place” in the formation before they drilled there?

Margo, have you checked with Atlas Pipeline to see if they’ve purchased any of your natural gas?

I hate to see people sell minerals. Don’t know how many acres you have but you might want to consider selling part of them. You’re right, now is not a good time to sell.

Margo, 3D Seismic now days is VERY, VERY good however not perfect. Also, many wells are “screwed up” by drillers.

I wondered if maybe it was a screw-up in the drilling, so that does make sense. I’ll let you know if I get any answers from this attorney.