Love County Miller well

For the legal description of Sections 17 and 20, Township 7 South, Range 2 East Love County, Oklahoma, Cause CD No. 201808641, Order No. 691945, I believe XTO completed the well Miller 1-28H20X17X8R and began producing in August 2022. As I understand, division orders come out about 5 months after first sales. Does anyone know if that has already happened? The most recent paperwork I received in March 2023 just had language about dismissing the cause and I didn’t know what that meant, I haven’t received a division order. Thank you.

Make sure that you send XTO your W9. In Oklahoma they have to pay even if you refuse to sign a division order. Looks like pretty solid production.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Like

Thank you! I will look into that.

I have interest in this well. I have not received a division order as of today. I have been in contact with the person that was working on problems of ownership and she said everything was clear now. I asked when we might expect paperwork. She stated that it could be at least 2 more months How can they produce for over a year without making any payments?

Thanks very much for the update, I really appreciate it.

It would be wise to send a demand letter for payment and interest by certified mail return receipt so that they have documentation of the demand. Save a copy for your files. They are required by state law to send payments 180 days after first sales. It does typically take about five months to get the Division Orders finished, but they are woefully behind. You may need that documentation of the demand letter.

2 Likes

Thank you for the assistance.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.