Lot 2 & 7, Block 4, Subdivision A, Catarina-Taft - Leasing Activity?

Hi - I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about on leasing activity happening in the area? I very recently bought 4 mineral acres and now the person who sold them to me is trying to buy them back. It seems a little unusual so just thought i would reach out.

Thanks so much!!

It would be much easier to help you if you will share the Abstract # or Section #.

I believe that the Abstract Number is 757.

Thanks so much for any help here!

Also have this, hope it helps!

Property Information Card

We and family members have also received offers to buy mineral rights in the Catarina area during the last month. Also, not sure what is prompting the new interest.

Hey Pete - I did a little more digging and found out that Mesquite Energy (formerly Sanchez Energy) is actively leasing in the area. I dont know if your interest is leased or not but I would probably suggest you reach out if its the latter.

Thanks, also noted that Mesquite has new drilling permits in the area (Briscoe Catarina West Lease) . Thanks for your quick reply!

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know if thats close to my property? Thanks again!

From gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer it looks like there are 3 recently permitted units near A-757 in Dimmit County. See API numbers (42)12738316, (42)12738317 & (42)12738318. (The state code (42) is often not used on the RRC sites since they are all presumably in Texas) Not sure what this means for future lease activity since these units were approved around March or April of 2020.

Anyway, the Texas RRC gisviewer is outstanding and you can discern a lot about your land with this and the associated sites.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.