Lost Well, Lost Producer

I own partial royalties on Hodam #1-5 in Cleveland County, OK. It was managed since I inherited them by Sunoco until 2020 when production slowed and the well operations were sold to Billy Jack Sharber. I got two checks from them in 2021.

Nothing received at all in 2022. I called Sharber since I was curious about no checks (and no communications) and I was doing my 2022 taxes. I found out a couple weeks ago from someone at Sharber that the well was sold in 2021 to Allen Oil. There are several Allens and I tried to call (no answer, no voicemail), email (nothing) and wrote a letter (returned) to Allen Oil & Gas LLC in Ardmore, OK. I’m a little concerned. There are several Allen Oils so this one might not be right.

Can anyone offer any hints or tips to try to find my lost well? I feel like Sharber and/or Allen should have at least communicated the sale in 2021, but nothing. The checks just stopped. If the well has been capped and closed, you’d think they’d let us all know that too.

I am a small royalty owner so it’s not worth hiring a lawyer or PI to get to the bottom of things. My grandfather that I inherited them from would take trips out every year just to “check on the wells”, then go fishing and hunting. Maybe I should have followed his lead.

Thanks Pete

You can tract the ownership of the well on the OCC wellrecords site. 1073 forms are the ownership transfers and have the addresses. You will need to scroll over to see everything. The last one was from Allen Oil and Gas to Limestone Operating Company.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.