Lost Paperwork - North Dakota Oil Leases

I lost my paperwork for my Leases in North Dakota. Could someone help me, who to call to get copies of the leases (paperwork) I Lost. Please Help Thankyou Pat

With a $25 subscription to the NDRIN network , you could look up your lease and for a few more dollars download a copy and print it off. They accept credit cards. You could probably have a copy of your lease/s in hand in less than an hour, and for less than $35 total. Don’t forget to cancel your subscription in a couple of weeks after you are done or it will become a recurring charge of $25 per month. I think there may be 3 counties in N.D. which aren’t supported by the network, but I think they are non-oil producing. Make sure your county is served. This is the fastest cheapest way I can think of to get copies of your leases. RWK

Thankyou, for this, but they were never recorded and I have no Lease numbers. Do I call the District Court in North Dakota? I just have the name of the person I purchased them from. It will probably be a long road, Huh?

r w kennedy said:

With a $25 subscription to the NDRIN network , you could look up your lease and for a few more dollars download a copy and print it off. They accept credit cards. You could probably have a copy of your lease/s in hand in less than an hour, and for less than $35 total. Don't forget to cancel your subscription in a couple of weeks after you are done or it will become a recurring charge of $25 per month. I think there may be 3 counties in N.D. which aren't supported by the network, but I think they are non-oil producing. Make sure your county is served. This is the fastest cheapest way I can think of to get copies of your leases. RWK

Sounds very tough. I hope you at least have the cancelled check with memo for what it was for. If not ;I don't think you can prove your ownership.

Hi Pat -

I'm a little confused. Did you buy leases or did you intend to describe minerals?

Either way, if you haven't filed your deeds or assignments of record in the County where the land is located, your purchase has never been effective.

Contact the person you purchased whatever it is from and ask them to send you replacement deeds or assignments and then file the replacement deeds or assignments of record.

Once they are of record, you can't lose them -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas