Looking for info on 37-56, Sec 23

Does anyone have information on the Meyer 1H being drilled in sec 23, 37-56? We have leased land nearby and are interested in how this well is proceeding. It was "permitted" last May, and this permit was "re-issued" a few weeks ago. What does that mean? We were told that they would begin drilling on 1 June. But why would it take 6 months to drill? Lack of rigs or the weather or some other unknown? We follow Eser, the webmapper, and the rmoj, but there is never anything new. If anyone has info on this well we would be most grateful for a reply.

Mr. Phelps:

Could you provide some additional information about this well such as the Township/Range or even State? I am sure others might need this additional info in order to help you in this matter.

The well I am interested in is the "Meyer 1H" located in Sheridan Co., Montana, in Sec. 23, T 37, R 56. Am wondering if anyone has info on its progress.
charles s mallory said:

Mr. Phelps:

Could you provide some additional information about this well such as the Township/Range or even State? I am sure others might need this additional info in order to help you in this matter.

Mr. Phelps:

If the permit was re-issued, it means that the permit expired as it is only active for a year after it is originally issued. Operators have to re-new permits that expire. It will not take 6 months to drill the well but the well could fall under "confidential" or "tight hole" status, which means that any info on the drill would not be released until 6 months after the drilling begins. Finally, the easiest way to learn the status of this permit would be to either email or call the Montana Oil and Gas Commission. Unfortunately, their website is not user friendly in regards to obtaining some info. online. I have minerals in T31;R59 in Sheridan County and I keep tabs on this area. Thus far, drilling activity has been slow to develope but the drilling migration is said to heading into the Montana area. Hopefully, 2012 will bring some positive results in any drilling activity for this area.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I appreciate the time taken to answer what may be elementary questions to you. There is much to learn here.

charles s mallory said:

Mr. Phelps:

If the permit was re-issued, it means that the permit expired as it is only active for a year after it is originally issued. Operators have to re-new permits that expire. It will not take 6 months to drill the well but the well could fall under "confidential" or "tight hole" status, which means that any info on the drill would not be released until 6 months after the drilling begins. Finally, the easiest way to learn the status of this permit would be to either email or call the Montana Oil and Gas Commission. Unfortunately, their website is not user friendly in regards to obtaining some info. online. I have minerals in T31;R59 in Sheridan County and I keep tabs on this area. Thus far, drilling activity has been slow to develope but the drilling migration is said to heading into the Montana area. Hopefully, 2012 will bring some positive results in any drilling activity for this area.