Looking for help with oil & gas lease offer

We have been offered 115.00 acre annually for a 5 yr lease. The offer is 575.00 acre if we take a one time buy out. Propery is in Western PA. Is this a reasonable offer?

Hi Mary. I have a few mineral acres in Johnson Co. Tx. and I’ve been talking with my attorney about an recent offer. The real money for the mineral owners is in the royalties so a buyout is probably not a good choice. Are you sure the 115. is paid annually? I haven’t seen that. Usually the per acre lease amount is for the term of the lease. I have lost good money not hiring an attorney that deals primarily in mineral leases. The next time I leased, I did it right with a good attorney. Not sure on the per acre price for your area. good luck

Mr. Pancerazewski, may I inquire the attorney’s name whom you used? Thanks, kl

Thank you for responding to my question John. We are now in negotiations with the company and have an attorney representing us. Thanks again. Mary Kathryn

john pancerzewski said:

Hi Mary. I have a few mineral acres in Johnson Co. Tx. and I’ve been talking with my attorney about an recent offer. The real money for the mineral owners is in the royalties so a buyout is probably not a good choice. Are you sure the 115. is paid annually? I haven’t seen that. Usually the per acre lease amount is for the term of the lease. I have lost good money not hiring an attorney that deals primarily in mineral leases. The next time I leased, I did it right with a good attorney. Not sure on the per acre price for your area. good luck