Looking for guidance

Looking for guidance to help my new found cousin with her mineral rights. Our families share the same mineral rights but mine have been passed down from each generation. Nobody has received any mineral rights on her side since it least 1975 when her grandfather passed. There is over 7,000 in unclaimed property through the state of Oklahoma. What is her first step in this process? The will we have is from 1961 (g. Grandmother) and I’m sure never went through probate. I have nobody to ask that’s still living anymore but I’m trying to help her.

She should file a claim with the unclaimed property division. They will want certain information, which she will need to provide. Its possible that a well or wells are still producing. So, she will need to notify the operators of her rights. At the end of the day, she may have to do probates for grandfather or grandmother and parents.

1 Like

Okay thank you for your help, I figured it would be some leg work but it should be worth it since I get checks still. I appreciate your reply

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.