Looking for any info about nearby activity in Winkler

Hello, I have some mineral rights in Winkler County, (N/2 SW/4) Blk B-10 Sect 9 PSL survey, that I had leased out in 2018. a 3 year lease, w / 2yr option. Aside from the initial lease bonus, I haven’t seen anything else and having looked over the GSL data, with my rookie eyes, I’m having trouble seeing if the activity there is related or non-existent. I’d like to get it re-leased depending on the circumstances and offers, perhaps sell. The way the leases are written I understand it doesn’t take much to extend the lease, but I can’t recall having any other contact with the original leasee. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Have had similar experience in Winkler Co, with holdings in Sections 10,11, 12, C-23, which had been leased by Lilis Energy. However,Lilis entered bankruptcy in 2021. when I was told that most of the our newly open Lilis leases were obtainrd by Conoco. But we haven’t had further contact.

My assumption has been that Conoco is now pulling together other nearby leases and doing some longer- term acquisition.

I’m hopeful because I have always felt that Conoco is a very experienced and thoughtfully run conglomerate, so can’t understand why we haven’t had further contact,

Lilis and others orginally paid hefty bonuses in 2018 and 2019.

Given this week’s Exxon buyout of Pioneer in the Permian, maybe that will spur more activity.

1 Like

Conoco has had a good reputation as you point out. Seems nowadays the burden of figuring it out has been handed over to the individual rather than the corporation, more and more, Hope this works out differently this time around.

We agree. Certainly we’re seeing a different “big data” approach for individual mineral owners who are leasing in the Texas oil patches nowadays. Lots more top-level corporate iinfluences in decisiom making for both lessees and lessors.

Seems to be true in neighboring states also.

Who ya’ gonna call…??

1 Like

No kidding, “Big data”, indeed, with an ability to filter and integrate the data into real-time moves, for the mineral owner to keep up is a struggle. I see now in court records, some rights in Sect 8Abst #: 8 Survey Name: PSL Survey Block: B2 Section: N/2 NE/4 8 Acres: 80 as well, that I’ve never been approached about, but it looks to be quite active and productive to my rookie eyes. I’d appreciate any insight into that area if anyone has anything more specific info to offer- I’m getting a little buried in the layers, so much data to crunch!

Same here. We leased in B5 31 and 43 B27 48 and 35 and B26 19 20 and 32 some years ago and never got drilled and no new lease offers. I do know that new seismic is being conducted B5 B12 and 26… Hoping that this data might help get things kicked off again. We have had some good production recently in B27 28 and 39 from Percussion now Callon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.