Looking for answers

I have been contact by a landman parents are deceased left minerals in anderson county one property is located is George CHenowith survey 202 help need to know how to start

Your survey joins the Wm. H Smith survey where EOG drilled the Autry well a few months ago and rumors are it will be a good well so you are in a very "hot" area. It is about 9 miles west of Palestine and my interest is 8 miles north so I don't know what leases are going for in your area. Some leases just west of me have recently paid $400 but I would think you being as close to the Autry well you could demand more. Good luck, John Cundieff. johncundieff@yahoo.com

Who contacted you? I signed a lease 1-1/2 years ago for a small tract in George Chenoweth. Still waiting to see what is going to happen, if anything

Graem Resources leased my interest 3 years ago and they are leasing for EOG and EOG drilled the Autry well in the Wm. Smith survey that joins the Chenoweth survey. As a rule, things do not happen very fast in the oil patch and we must remain patient because I have minerals on 6 properties in 5 different counties and have had several leases through the years and have yet to see a drilling rig . Maybe we will both get lucky this time.

John, Graem Resources leased my interest as well. At the same time they leased my interest in E G Meyers A-48,

J. W. Wright A-814 and Anderson County School A-71

john cundieff said:

Graem Resources leased my interest 3 years ago and they are leasing for EOG and EOG drilled the Autry well in the Wm. Smith survey that joins the Chenoweth survey. As a rule, things do not happen very fast in the oil patch and we must remain patient because I have minerals on 6 properties in 5 different counties and have had several leases through the years and have yet to see a drilling rig . Maybe we will both get lucky this time.

The three year primary part of my lease expires Nov. 22 and I have been expecting the paper work for the two option to extend the lease. I have heard they may not exercise their option but instead offer a new lease which would cover 6 years, a 3 year primary and a 3 year option. That way they could hold the lease longer and I think they are concerned about increased competition when all the 2 year options expire. I'll sign a contract like this if the $$$s are there. We'll see. Good luck, John