Logan County,Ok section 28,township19,range 2 west

Any completions or drilling started here?

Thank you

Joe Carmichael

The Reupert #1-28MH was due to spud on 02/27/2013. If it spud on time then I'm pretty sure it should be completed but I do not see a completion report filed yet.

I also have an interest in this area, and would like any information, that anyone has to offer. I am not familiar with the term "spud" and would appreciate help.

Sorry, Spud would mean the date drilling would be started.

Thank you, Mr. Pipkin.

Scott Pipkin said:

Sorry, Spud would mean the date drilling would be started.

Thank you

Is "spud" the same meaning as "run"? How does one determine a "good" oil & gas attorney? Often see this term used when referring to some questions. When living miles away, how would someone pick from a list and determine "good" vs "greedy" attorney? Thanks

A good attorney is one who is looking out for your best interest, one who makes recommendations unasked, not one who just reads the lease and says "there is nothing illegal in that and you can sign it". Advice is part of an attorneys stock in trade, if they are not giving you but the merest sliver of their advice, they aren't earning their money.

I can tell you right now that there is nothing illegal in the lease because you can agree to anything. What you need is a lawyer who will tell you that clauses are not in your best interest and why, which you would assume they would do for another billable hour, but many don't.

I believe you want a lawyer that has oil and gas experience, that lawyer need not be where the minerals are located, it might be helpful but not absolutely necessary. I have heard horror stories of a client asking their lawyer "what about a pugh clause" and the lawyer answering "what about it?" That is why you are best served learning enough to ask such questions and if you don't hear informative answers, you have the wrong lawyer. Get a local lawyer if possible, I think it works better if you are sitting across the desk from them looking them in the eye, especially if you have done a couple hours homework and walk in with notes.

I would rather have a lawyer new to oil and gas who is actually trying to look after my best interest than one with a lot of oil and gas experience who isn't looking after my best interest. Just my personal opinion.

Spud means to commence drilling.

Good luck.

deloe hubbard said:

Is "spud" the same meaning as "run"? How does one determine a "good" oil & gas attorney? Often see this term used when referring to some questions. When living miles away, how would someone pick from a list and determine "good" vs "greedy" attorney? Thanks

Hello Scott, any completion update on this well or this section? Thank you

Devon completed the Reupert 1-28MH in the Mississippi formation on 09/05/2013. The well came in at 259 bbls a day but that was choked back on a 20/64 choke.

Joe Carmichael said:

Hello Scott, any completion update on this well or this section?
Thank you

Thank you very much Sir

In a multiple well pooling if 8 different wells are drilled eight different directions, how do they allocate say my small percentage in the first well? Are they all lumped together and split numerous owners ownerships percentages?

These are all spaced 640 acres. Everyone who owns in the section will get their proportionate share. They will certainly drill more than one per section but it may take a while.