Logan County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Paul the offer just depends on where your land is. Call these guys.

Energy Investments Partners

J.R Flournoy 214-303-0944 cell 817-374-2552

Tell them your in Logan County and give them the range/ township/ section of the land. I have land west of Peetz and they made me an offer last Thursday for the 300, 3year pri and 1/7 . Basically the same offer Paramount was giving. They will get back to you if they're interested.

There is also another company called ARK Energy....I think that's the name but I'm not sure. Jenna, If you read this could you please post the contact info for ARK Energy........if that's what it's called.

These 2 Companies were a bit late to the party and are still giving good leases if your land is in their crosshairs.

I also think things could be slowing down. They have signed enough leases to drill their prospecting wells and signed some extra acreage for a good profit margin if the wells are successful. There is really no need for these companies to spend an extra money until they know how much oil...if any is down there.

If the wells are successful the unsigned acerage could easily go for in excess of $1000 per acre. If not successful....big fat ZERO. It's all a gamble.

I have an updated offer of 300 and 1/7 as of this week. Padroni

What is the latest activity in Logan County with leases and permits?

About a week after my Sept 18th post, I pushed them harder for a shorter contract along with a few other things and they disappeared overnight. no contact since.

we accepted 200.00 and 1/6 from Dax at paramount/lincoln, so far they have made good on their commitment

Thanks for the info. What general location of the county? (NW, NE, SE, SW or Central?)

I have to take a look at the deeds

I have rights in sections 28 and 32, all in township 11 north range 53W, does anyone have any info on this area, I have been trying to find someone to talk to about this for some time now because I am new to this whole thing, not really sure who to talk to. So any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

I have Severed Mineral Interests in the following Sections, Townships and Ranges:

06-09-54, 07-09-54, 09-11-55, 11-09-55, 11-10-55, 19-09-54, 23-10-55, 24-09-55, 26-10-55, 34-11-55, 35-10-55, 35-11-55. According to my Tax Statements and the Logan County Treasurer's Office, my total mineral acres are approximately 226. After a very extended period of time of being under a memoradum of lease, with no finalization, I am severing my relationship with my potential former Lessee as recorded in Book 999 page 294 . Anyone have any other Lessees? I would appreciate some feed back. Thank you.

Frantz, if I had the money I'd buy your rights from you. The acreage you listed is in the direct path of the expansion. It might take a year or 2 but they will get to your land. According to the map at http://cogcc.state.co.us/ a lot of wells are being drilled in eastern Weld County and if they're successful they will move east right into Logan County. The land owners in Weld county were given extremely good offers so waiting might not be a bad thing. Go to the Weld county forum, I'm sure you'll find a landman there to lease to. Anyway this is just my opinion from reading the forums and looking at the data....I'm not in the know by any means. Just curious...what happened with potential Leessee if you care to share?

If you signed a lease, the lease was recorded, and you were not paid, then you will likely need to take action to have that lease released from Logan County so that you can lease to someone new if the opportunity presents itself. It’s best to do this before a lease offer so you’re ready for the next time. If the lease wasn’t recorded, askfor your originals back. Also, take a look again at your Order for Payment for any extra conditions.

Nate, not mentioning names, my prior Lessee originally took my discriptions and coming up with my correct approx. acerage (226) made me an acceptable offer to lease my interests in total. After about 5 months they came back to me to say I had only 67 acres. These have been in my family forever. I asked them to describe the difference in acerage and if there were any title issues let me cure them as I am the sole remaining hier on my side of the family and have had to do this in the past on several occasions. No response from them other than they were right. Looked like they were being selective in their new calculations and had missed some deeds in the chain of title (Cherry Picking). These mineral interests and others owned by me were passed down from my Grandfather, Charles T. Lupton a renowned Geologist at the turn of the Century. He was in Who's Who in the US for geology and in a 1978 News arrticle about him he was acknowledged for finding the most oil and gas deposits in Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and other western states. He bought mineral interests from the land owners and passed them down to his family. He did a lot of work for Frantz Oil in those days and thus my father's and my name. Thanks for your reply, it was very informative. My mineral interests in Weld county have all been leased.with the last small interest going for $600/ac.

Frantz, I would strongly suggest that you take Ms. Kellers advice. You do not want to be in contention should a well be drilled, in my experience, that is when it gets ugly. If you kick them off now, they can chalk it up to a nothing ventured and nothing gained, if wells pop up, it could be worth considerable legal fees for them to defend a lease they did not pay for. Good luck.

Jenna,

I believe only a memorandum of lease was recorded, not sure? I have demanded they release the memorandum and return the original signed lease to me. If not they have slandered my title. If I, in fact, didn't own all the acerage on the legal description attached to the memorandum, then they have slandered someone else's title. Interesting, don't you think? The document is recorded in Book 999 page 294. It will not show me the document on the internet. Thank you

Frantz, it's not slander of title until you have proved it's slander of title that is harder than you might think. You would have to prove malice or reckless disregard, all they would have to say is oops, I really thought it was right and I have this executed lease right here. I'm not a lawyer, but I have had legal advice on this issue. It's also easy enough to research online. Best of luck to you.

Frantz, I also should have mentioned that you admitting you know about it and doing nothing about it probably does your potential future case no good. A little righteous indignation since you have discoverd what has gone on with a recorded document that you have not been paid and that you consider the lease invalid may help. Being able to show that you have been damaged, which in my case I use offers to lease that were recinded after the potential lessee found the cloud on my title, can be useful. Still best of luck to you

Thank you all for your comments and advise. I am now making some demands that should be complied with! If not, I will handle in a manner that will suprise those involved. Take care. I trust that everything will work out, as I have done nothing wrong and do know some remedies that are available. My knickname is Cowboy! Thank you all again

Any insight for a beginner in all of this, like myself. I am just looking for any information on what may be happening near Peetz right now because I do not live anywhere near there and its pretty hard to find any information here. Anyways thank you all again for your time.

Matt, All of this is a little intimidating at first so just call Jenna Keller, she's familiar with the latest offers in Logan county. She has helped a lot of Logan County landowners in the last 8 mouths. She will explain all of this oil/gas stuff in easy to understand terms.

Here's the number to her office.

Otis, Coan & Peters, LLC (970) 225-6700

Is anyone actively in dialogue with any of the companies that were originally involved in these plays?