I have minerals in Hudspeth Co, 10 miles south of Sierra Blanca, Tx. Does this shale cover that area?

http://www.theinfomine.com/2010/04/17/woodford-shale-exploration-in-marfa-basin/

Mr. Holsey, It doesn't appear at this time that Avalon (Leonard Shale) is in your area as far as I can tell. I pasted the hyperlink above to show that Woodford/Barnett Shale (see the map) covers major areas in West Texas. Hopefully this map applies and is the case with your minerals.

Regards,

Ralpr

Thank you. I am trying to find a discussion forum for our area on this site and not finding one. Yours was the closest. We have been approched by an oil company for lease and are curious what to expect.

Chan,

Try just starting a group for Hudspeth County and see if anyone joins. I've started a few and found there were others out there looking for "neighbors".

Chan Holsey said:

Thank you. I am trying to find a discussion forum for our area on this site and not finding one. Yours was the closest. We have been approched by an oil company for lease and are curious what to expect.