Location of 320 acres near Monahans

I would like to visit the area near Monahans Texas and my family's mineral rights acreage. Can anyone help me with directions and a map? I know how to get to Monahans but I would need a map to locate the 320 acres. All of the north half of Section 5 Block 33. I understand it's about 24 miles SW of Monahans near Sandhills State Park. Thanks!

Charlie, This GIS Map shows your Section 5 is due South of Pyote, Texas on Farm-to-Market Road 1927......

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

GIS Map showing oil and gas wells.....

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

There really isn't much to see at this lease except for seeing an occasional barbed wire fence, wild grass and some scrub brush. Basically, there is a lot of NOTHING there and you will be disappointed if you think you'll see something interesting other than a well that was plugged many years ago. My family is part of this lease as well. Maybe we need to talk.

I noticed on the GIS Map provide by Mr. Liles there apparently has been a well permitted for drilling as of 1/23/2018. However, when I queried the TXRRC online drilling permit information on API # 475-37422, it indicates Section 45, Block 34 of the H&TC Survey. The GIS Map shows Section 5, Block 33 of the H&TC Survey. Which one is correct?

John, this next map will show that the well pad will be in Section 45/Block 34 and extends into the northern half of Section 5/Block 33.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=STATE%2BEILAND%2B1705&univDocNo=491500493

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Thanks for the info!