Locating Minerals

My father who died many years ago owned minerals in Mercer County in

Township 145N, R88W-5th PM

Parts of Section 5, Section 8, and Section 9

Does anyone have any idea of drilling or production activity in this area?

Hi Todd,

My minerals are located at 146N-90W-20-SE4 There are 2 producing wells 4 miles to the West and 5 miles to the East of this property. At this time I don't know of more wells in place.

Welcome to the group. It's always nice to have fresh faces. Please feel free to comment on anything at all. : )

Yours,

Wes Luke

Wes,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know where I can get plat maps or a plat book for Mercer County?

Todd

Todd, Are you familliar with the Gis Server Map on the NDIC Oil and Gas Division site ?

No, but I found it. It looks like most of the activity is West of the property I am talking about. Thanks for referring me.

Hi All

My grandfather passed on mineral rights to me and my sibling located at T145N-R89W Section 5 S2. It appears to me this location is near a current well. Is this true?

Thank You

Jon

Jon, it is true. The well isn't doing great 9,500 barrels since Dec 2009. Wish I had better news.

Jon Kidroske said:

Hi All

My grandfather passed on mineral rights to me and my sibling located at T145N-R89W Section 5 S2. It appears to me this location is near a current well. Is this true?

Thank You

Jon

Todd,

That seems to be a mystery. My g'father left me some of his maps, but, very few showed Townships, ranges and Sections. If you happen onto some of them I too would love to have one. I also need described maps of Las Animas County in CO. I am happy to pay a reasonable amount. : )

Yours,

Wes

Wes,

I just found out you can purchase a plat book of Mercer County from Great Plains Directory Service, PO Box 1931, Jamestown, ND. Tel 701-251-1612

Wes Luke said:

Todd,

That seems to be a mystery. My g'father left me some of his maps, but, very few showed Townships, ranges and Sections. If you happen onto some of them I too would love to have one. I also need described maps of Las Animas County in CO. I am happy to pay a reasonable amount. : )

Yours,

Wes

Hi Todd,

Thanks for this info. Sorry I wasn't there to receive the message so I didn't see it when you posted it. Do you know if they have plat maps for other places? I hope things are going well for you. Have a great day! : )

Todd Ward said:

Wes,

I just found out you can purchase a plat book of Mercer County from Great Plains Directory Service, PO Box 1931, Jamestown, ND. Tel 701-251-1612

Wes Luke said:

Todd,

Yours,

Wes

We own the mineral rights to E1/2 of Section 1 Township 146N of Range 85W of the 5 th P.M. I’ve gone out and looked at the GIS map and have found the current oil fields and rigs overlay. Thanks!

But I am curious to know if there is any way to develop trend analysis and figure out if the oil companies will move east and south of Lake Sakakawea in Mercer County?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!