LLC Communication and Information

I am part of a family LLC with a contract from Continental Oil Resources. I am not the contact person for the LLC, so I have been relying on the family contact person for current information. Our family contact person is very busy with other interests and isn't able to keep up on the ND info. so the information we receive is vague and hasn't been entirely accurate. I believe there may be a new well which runs across our property, but I am not positive it is on our property. The well to which I am referring is in confidential status and will be until October. Is there ANY way for me to know anything at all about the well prior to October. How can we tell if the well runs through our property and if we are due royalties? The property is

T161N, R94W

S3:SW 1/4 (160 acres)

S 9: E 1/2 of NW 1/4 & NW 1/4 of NW 1/4 (120 acres)

S 10: N 1/2 of NE 1/4 (80 acres)

Thoughts about how I can get more accurate information? Thanks so much! Vicki Michel

Vicki,

You will note that I posted several months ago in the hope to get faster information myself. If not for a select few on this forum, it would have been like pulling teeth to get information from Continental. As it is, mineral rights involving 195 acres are also in a "confidential" status in which I was told they are looking for a buyer for the oil at this time. Our mineral rights are in T160N, R94W and like yourself, with horizontal boring going on, anything could be taking place? Like myself, I believe remaining in the dark is a way of life and has been thru the ages. Tim

Ms.Michel, there is a well in section 4 with the wellbore oriented south and passing into section 9 T161 R94, this is your well named Running 1-4H operated by Continental resources. The wells status in inactive. The well produced 246 barrels in February of which 221 were sold. The Winkler 1-3H which is permitted in section 3, showed no date on which it would come off confidential when I checked the confidential well list, this usually means that the well has not been drilled. You can call the NDIC and ask them, reference file #21628. Every permit shows up as a confidential well until it has been drilled and confidential status is requested, then the 6 months start. Some sneaky operators have been known to wait until the well has been fracked and completed before requesting confidential status, that usually isn't Continental though. I would call the NDIC.