Little Creek Field Unit

Does anyone know anything about little Creek field unit township 5north range 8 east section 25 sw 4 se 4 s2 sw 4 section 26 se4 se4 w2 se4 se4 section 27 s2 section 28 se4 e2 sw4 sw4 section 33 all section 34 n3/4 s2 se4 sw4 section 35all section 36 all township 5 north range 9 east section 31 w2 sw4 thanks for any information I just inherited from Mom

Hello Hambone79 and welcome. There are several older wells that were started in the late 1950’s in the areas you mention. Many of these have been plugged and abandoned, but many are also listed as capable of producing although generally there hasn’t been much production since the early 2000’s. The MSOGB has a good site to view the status of the wells in the state https://ws.ogb.state.ms.us/MSOGBOnline/

Denbury Onshore is listed as the operator on most of the wells . It may take some effort to update your ownership with them, and some effort and expense to update your ownership in the county records. You will likely need to consult with an oil and gas attorney or an oil landman to get a good understanding of the status of your ownership. This forum is often very helpful, but there are limits to what can be answered without knowing your specific leases and mineral deeds.

Thanks yes denbury sent me papers on getting affidavit of heirship an I did that just waiting on them to respond my mom also received royalty checks from them I’m new to this and I’m not wanting to o get sc…d over but I really appreciate you responding an getting me a little knowledge

I got a oil and gas division letter an it’s got me and my brother at 0.00000254 and my two sisters are 0.00000255 not sure why my question is do you think we need a lawyer to look over everything are should we just sign it also mom got Like a 20-40 dollar check every 5 are 10 months for royalty interest for like the last 20 years I believe that she is owed more just my opinion just trying to get a idea of what we need to do thanks in advance

Hi Hambone, a division order is a good sign that the heirship/ownership questions have been resolved. You may be able to verify the decimal calculations from your own records keeping in mind that your mom’s interest is now divided among four people. Often you can select to reduce the minimum payout level so that you are not waiting for $100 to accumulate before you receive a payment. I can’t really advise you on whether you should have a professional review your situation or not… that depends on what you want, what questions you have, etc. I can say that it is not usually required to sign a division order, and that you have to balance what you are willing to spend against what returns you might get.

Some states do require a Division Order to get into pay status. If the Division order is on the one page NADOA style form and has the words “this Division Order does not change any terms of the lease” or something like that, then it is usually okay to sign. If it is multipage and has more complicated language, then I would substitute the NADOA form. If the decimal adds up to your mom’s decimal divided by four, then it may be fine to sign. I also mark out the $100 and substitute $25 to get paid more regularly.

Good catch on my failure to be clear. I was trying to say that professional review of the division order was optional, but not trying to say that signing was optional.

So is that usually how they pay 25 are 30 dollars every 7are so months sorry I’m just trying to figure out what’s best

These sound like they are part of a waterflood unit. You can contact Denbury to find out. The field will keep on producing until the reservoir gives out all it can under current technology. You can sign the DO and just collect small sums until the field runs out. Enjoy a burger out every once in a while on the “mailbox” money. Or you can attempt to sell which will not net very much and takes a bit of energy to get accomplished.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.