Lithium mining Columbia County Arkansas

Anybody been approached about leasing mineral rights for litihum Columbia County Arkansas

Yes I have shell oil is looking to take over our lease! I have be grandfather in so I don’t have a problem with it! All I can say is come on ! Have you been offered any lease! It’s happening! For this new electric car!

We have leased several parcels relating to the lithium boom in Columbia and Lafayette Counties. What are you needing to know?

I hope this helps! I been doing some research on this area and from what I have learned and read this area is the new oil field ! It’s the Smackover that these companies are after! If you look at the market you will see the prices of lithium going up so they want green energy ! It’s going to be a really big play in this area ! Yep eeeee

1 Like

Hello, it’s good to see some fellow Arkansas mineral owners here. I have around 30 NMA in Columbia County, 16S 20W where Secs 8, 9, 17 meet. Have you had any lithium (or other) activity near here? Thanks for sharing with us!

Exxon recently spent 100 million dollars buying 120,000 mineral acres in the smackover, Exxon is committed to making Magnolia arkansas- the lithium capital of USA, Standard Lithium is also in the smackover play in arkansas and east texas. Exxon is spudding its first well. Standard Lithium has recently drilled the highest lithium wells in North America. Check Out Exxon & Standard Lithium (SLI). The Koch brothers are in a big way with SLI

1 Like

Fantastic news thank you for sharing!

How will they will pay royalties? DO the leases call for unit formation?

As far as I know, Standard Lithium (its subsidiary Arkansas Lithium Corp in partnership with Lanxess) is the only future producer to have made a specific royalty proposal to the AOGC. Here is their proposal

There is a hearing scheduled in 3 days (12/5/23) to extend Standard Lithium’s demo plant. At the last hearing, the AOGC said that it will make a royalty decision either at this 12/5 hearing or a special hearing in December.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this information

:+1: thanks for the info

1 Like

Thanks for the information on the lease. I sure hope the royalty rates are fair and adjust moving forward. Looks like there could definitely be some unforseen issues.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. If you live anywhere near Lafayette County, Standard Lithium is hosting a meeting open to the public on Wednesday, December 6th at 4:00 p.m. at the Lafayette County Courthouse (Lewisville, AR) to address their plans moving forward.

I have a small amount of mineral rights in Waldo, Ark. it’s described on deed as The East one-half of the SW1/4 of section 20, Township 15 South, Range 21 West, containing 80 acres more or less. This was my grandfather’s farm. The mineral rights were divided between my Dad and his four siblings. Each received 8 acres of mineral rights. My dad is deceased and I am in the process of doing an affidavit of heirship. Is there any interest in this property.

Thanks for the heads up about the open meeting. Wish I could have made it. Was anyone able to be there?

I’m waiting for the December 5 hearing orders to be posted to the AOGC website regarding continuation of Standard Lithium’s pilot plant and a royalty decision for their Lanxess 1A project. Maybe someone has heard something about these?

If anyone is interested, I heard Patrick Howarth (lithium dept for Exxon) say to Joe Lowry (lithium expert/podcaster) that Standard Lithium’s royalty decision has been pushed into 2024. Only mentioning Standard Lithium since they’re expected to be the first company in the area to get a royalty decision.

I did see that Standard Lithium is proposing a royalty rate similar to the Arkansas bromine royalty rate, roughly $60/year/acre. So not similar to oil and gas royalties, FYI.

1 Like

The [first] lithium royalty decision has been pushed into January by the AOGC. A commissioner has requested a copy of the best actual paid-up lithium lease that can currently be found in the area to help with the decision. The full December hearing is on YouTube if anyone is interested.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.