Lincoln County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

We are leased with calyx Martha. Is that a productive company?

Crystal, Calyx has been in your area for quite a while and seems to know what they are doing. Most of us here on the forum are advising mineral owners to not sell your minerals.

Anyone know if anything going on in 12n range 3e? I got offered 400 an acre for my 5 from Remington royalty. I am currently leasing. I am very new to this, didnt even know mineral rights was such a thing until I inherited some.

Liz, if they are going for gas, then the spacing will be 640 due to the drainage. Also if they are going for the Woodford or Miss Lime horizontals since they may have several wells laid out like a row of cigars. If they are going for vertical wells or shallower oil, then the spacing may be smaller. However, this can backfire for you. If the spacing is 80 acres in the W2 of the SW4, but you have your acreage in the NE4, then you won’t see a dime. So you do want 640 spacing so they can drill anywhere in the section and you will still get a piece of the royalties. It is totally dependent upon whether the wells are vertical or horizontal and whether they are going for oil or gas (on the verticals). Vertical oil wells are typically 80 ac spacing or as small as 5 acres for really shallow wells. Vertical gas wells are usually 640 acre spacing. Sometimes can be 320 if really shallow. Horizontals are usually 640 and take up a section, although I have seen some that are 640, but take up two half sections.

Liz, what is the legal and their target zone if you don’t mind…I have interest in Sec. 23, 15N 4E. Owasso Lime well on it.

Liz, M Barnes is highly knowledgeable and correct . Here’s a 2012 Bakken/Miss Lime article if you want to understand a little more. Also, there are tons of articles from OU, UND, KU, UT etc.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/871491-the-bakken-and-the-mississip…

Does anyone know if Equal Energy has begun drilling in section 33 14N 5E? I have gone to the Okla. Commission website but I don’t know how to access the information to stay informed when and if drilling has began or what’s been found. Also I’ve read that wells have names so if anyone can take the info I have provided and tell me the name associated with the well or area. Thanks

Roni, Your legal description is on your mineral deed which should be recorded at the county court recorder for Lincoln county. Go to: https://okcountyrecords.com/ and type in your last name then hit search. Look at everything that has your name on it, or the name of relatives you may have inherited from.

Roni you need to find out the legal description of your tract. ORCA has completed all the paperwork according to the OCC website for drilling horizontal well in the south half of section 21 and the North half of section 28 to establish a 640 acre drilling unit.

Does anyone know of any companies currently drilling for gas or oil near Section 28-16N-2E ? I am being offered $1,000 per acre for my rights and just wondering if anyone is making any $$ in the areas near there?

Roni, I don’t know the exact legal description of your tract.

Roni, EQUAL ENERGY US INC - Operator # 22671 has drilled 3 wells in 33-14N-05E and the PEGASUS has production records, but they have 6 months from first sale to pay out and 1st production was 2/3/2014.

1. API # 35081241590000 - Well name PEGASUS- Well # 2-29H - location 33-14n-05E NW 1/4 - first production 2/3/2014 - Kinder Morgan gas purchaser - OCC production # 081-212269 - 2014 Production gas totals 45863 from Hunton formation - no oil production.

2. API # 35081241630000 - Well name PARK CITY - Well # 2-32H - location 33-14N-05E NW 1/4 - first production 2/3/2014 - Scissortail gas purchaser - OCC production # 081-212354 - 2014 no gas or oil production reported

3. API # 35081241660000 - Well name CANYONS - Well #1-33H - location 33-14n-05E NW 1/4 - no records

Roni, Contact the landman handling your tract and tell him/her you need the exact legal description of the minerals they are trying to lease from you. Also, ask him/her to tell you and book and page(s) numbers where your mineral interest is recorded and who’s name the mineral deed is in and ask if he will send you a copy of the records. If the landman doesn’t want to send you the records you can contact the county court recorder of records at the Lincoln county court house and see if they can mail you a copy of your records (they will need book and page number(s)) or you can go to the court house and get copies.

There is a horizontal well permitted and completed for 28-16N-2E. Drilled by Orca and completed at 300MCFper day in the Hunton. Quite a few other horizontal wells in the area. Was your offer to buy? You should be getting royalties from the Maria 1-21H if you already leased. Quite often, the companies are drilling one well to hold the acreage and then come back and drill more horizontal wells. Many time, the offer to buy comes right before the announcement to drill the next set of wells. If it were me, I would not sell.

I found your lease of 2011 but no renewed leased.

Roni No report that they have started it yet (spud report). Here is permit.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD19768.pdf

The permit has an expiration date of 6-2-2014 what does this mean

Roni and Martha their is only one of those three wells that would pay royalties to owners in section 33 Canyons #1-33H. The Pegasus #2-29H pays royalties for section 29 and the Park City #2-32H is paying royalties for section 32. Equal used the pad from your section to drill into the other section, cost factor is much cheaper.

James, I don’t know who’s going to drill in your area, but don’t ever sell your minerals! No one sells minerals unless they are desperate for money and lessees know this has been a well known fact for over 100 years, so they will not offer you anywhere near what your minerals are actually worth.

Roni, You may have to call the court house If you can’t find your records and they can tell you how to find the ancient records.