Lincoln County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Deloe,

Do you know what 1/4 the property is in?

The newest drilling I show was in 1997 (in production until 2003. There are some still producing wells from 1981. 2 in the NW/4 and 1 in the SW/4. They are in the Oswego formation about 4400-4800’

I don’t see any leasing in the section less than 5 years old.

check these 2 links for funds in suspense for wells that old.

http://www.occeweb.com/MOEASearch/index.aspx
http://www.ok.gov/treasurer/Unclaimed_Property/index.html

Mr. Howell and Mr. Kennedy,

Thank you for your advice. Being a novice at this I really appreciate it. We’ll hang on to the rights.

Deloe,

You replied while I was searching and typing. My reply this morning was for section 28. Yes info posted here is public. You can send me a private message but will have to send/accept a friend request first.

The Abraham 1-28H is located in section 29, but the bottom horizontal run is location in 28-15N-4E. It is a 640 acre unit so if you have rights anywhere in 28 you should have part of this well.

Depending on where in 28 you have rights, you may have an interest in the other 3 wells producing on section 28.

No you are not being unreasonable.

Attorneys sometimes get covered up and the one thing they need to do for a client starts out as the first thing of the day and then through the course of a day doesn’t get done as they put out all these fires for other clients and other cases.

Sounds like your attorney is on top of it. Just send him reminders and phone calls evry week or so.

Deloe,
I don’t see your original post.
The Abraham 1-28H was drilled in 2008 and is in 29-15N-4E
That is not the same section I looked up for you earlier.

I can understand your frustration trying to get things like this straight. I’ve ran into the same problems with some in the industry. There are some that are better than others.

Honestly you need to get some documentation in order regardless if you keep or sell it. If you sell you don’t really know what you are selling. The person buying will not know what they are getting and reduce the price accordingly.

I also see a “Hubbard Hiers 1” well listed that was drilled in 1956 in section 28. It may have been on distant relatives property.

Appears your money in suspense is starting to accumulate a little.

About $2,000.00 in suspense, I beleive.

Deloe,

A probate may be necessary.

Contact me offline if you would be more comfortable.

mhm@mcbeelaw.com

www.mcbeelaw.com

For anyone interested in leasing the 2 companies I am in negociation with are Upland Energy and Paragon. Both sound eager to get leases signed.

Upland has been signing like crazy in Sept.

John, I’ve never thought Mineral Owners Registries were necessary.

Does anyone have information regarding the Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry ? According to the received information for $35.00 a year a mineral owner’s information will be placed on their database with over 250,000 records. Then various companies can contact the owner regarding leasing or whatever, I guess. Has anyone had contact with this outfit or know anything about it?

John, I registered with them about 2 months ago. They are legit. When a company is looking to contact those with mineral rights they check there for updated info. Plus you can find out a few things there when you click on there resources page. I still have interests not yet least, so keep my info updated just in case.

Signing lease with Upland, finally got them to except my clauses, and a bit more in bonus. They must be getting ready to pool or they just got tired of dealing with me.lol

Thanks for the info, Virginia.

Dee,

You are going to have to post more details. The letter should have a case or cause number on it.

You can look up the results here with that number.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Could someone help me with what’s going on close to 30-17N-O4E? Have an offer to lease from Calyx and an offer to purchase from someone else. Thank you!

Does anyone have info on whats happening in this part of Lincoln County on this well? I am waiting on division orders at the moment and am getting anxious. They say it has been producing since June of this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated. : Equal Energy US Inc., Pontus No. 1-30H Well, NW/4 NW/4 NW/4 NW/4 (SL) of 29-14N-05E, 1,240 MCFPD, TD 9,972

James I just signed lease in sec 35 13N 4E last month with a landman from another company, heard on the grape vine that Devon would be drilling, am hoping they can get that sec leased up and do their pooling so they can drill, I would say that you could ask twice that much, I had to do bit of negociating to get it. So its up to you to hold out and try to get more or take a sure thing. Good Luck

James,

There are a lot of unknowns in the area. At least that has been the case on our area about 6 miles north of yours. I’m seeing the same players leasing in both of our sections. You say “a rep from Devon”. This is the first I have heard Devon’s name mentioned. Paragon leasing for Blue Quail and Upland Energy for who knows. Were any of these parties mentioned?

Montclair, New Dominion, and Blue Quail have made application or have permits in the area. (6 mile radius or so) I was told the Blue Quail was after some shallower formations and Upland was representing an unknown looking for deeper horizontal wells. The filings from Blue Quail confirm at least that part of it.

I too felt the offers were low and mine were a tad higher than yours. The highest recent pooling orders in the county are in the 150-175 for 3/16. I was hoping for 1/5 or 1/4 and no bonus, but I’m not seeing anything many pooling orders like that and none from the players listed.

I had not found this until tonight but Devon was issued a permit in 25-13N-3E for a disposal well. Upland and SM energy had the majority of the leases. So, more interesting connections and twists.

My research into Upland points to what appears to be a Shell LLC formed in Feb of this year. Some of the parties are or were connected to Bent Tree Properties.

I decided to hold off until I see what the more recent deep horizontal wells that New Dominion, Montclair, and Equal Energy end up reporting. They seem to be holding info right now.

Rick

James, I chose to wait. We only have a few acres so $300-500 total bonus is not going to make a big difference. I might lease the top 5000’ to Blue Quail and hold the lower zones for Upland/Devon. I’m willing to go $0 - 1/5 un the upper, but I don’t think I’ll be able to get them to make that play. Yet… Rick, Upland was the rep making me the offer and was leading for Devon. Maybe this helps clear some things up. Without having lookeed at the properties, it appears Devon is drilling or gas drilled snd is buying up surrounding section leases to protect against other drilling companies horizonal drilling or drilling nearby. I’d think $150 and 1/5 would be reasonable…