Limestone Rights

I realize this forum, and typically every forum I can find, is more towards the Gas / Oil industry... but...

I have 1200 acres in Eastern Illinois that is current undeveloped. I know it is sitting on 97% pure limestone, food & pharmaceutical grade; Very pure.

I’ve inquired with two different mining companies, and both said they would be interested if I found a buyer for the mined supplies.

I've had a few people ask if I'd sell, and while everything is for the sale for the right price, I'd rather stick it out for the long haul and make more off royalties.

How does a person figure out where the food and drug companies buy their limestone?

Any other insight would be very helpful and appreciated.

(Edited on 9/15 for spelling)

JON,

Can you support your statement, "I know it is sitting on 97% pure limestone, food & pharmaceutical grade; Very pure." with technical reports and test data from independent sources? If so, there are people who can define the market and match a demand with your supply. A fair market transaction can then be established. Similar to many other commodities. If you don't have the verifying data, you will have to wait until the demand finds you.

Gary,

Thanks for the reply.

One of the companies that I reached out to a few months back, has an lab and they ran the tests. They would not share the results aside from saying it was 97%. I am in agreement that I need to obtain an independent report, that will be the next step.

Any idea how I would fine those people that match market and demand? Google isn't being very helpful...

-Jon

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

JON,

Can you support your statement, "I know it is sitting on 97% pure limestone, food & pharmaceutical grade; Very pure." with technical reports and test data from independent sources? If so, there are people who can define the market and match a demand with your supply. A fair market transaction can then be established. Similar to many other commodities. If you don't have the verifying data, you will have to wait until the demand finds you.

Gary L Hutchinson

Minerals Management

Jon,

I'll send you a personal message. You get the data, I'll get some contacts.

Jon said:

Gary,

Thanks for the reply.

One of the companies that I reached out to a few months back, has an lab and they ran the tests. They would not share the results aside from saying it was 97%. I am in agreement that I need to obtain an independent report, that will be the next step.

Any idea how I would fine those people that match market and demand? Google isn't being very helpful...

-Jon

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

JON,

Limestone is the most major constitute of concrete- a large concrete mfg co nearby would be a great 'customer' if you are nearby a major metropolitan area, as transportation costs can work for/or against you.