Life time of production from Comstocks wells in the Marquez area

Does anyone know, heard or predict the life and production of wells, like the Comstock wells in the Marquez area?

It must have been this article on HART Energy: Newest Giant North Houston Bossier Wildcat Won’t Sputter Out

Driller Comstock Resources Inc. says it plans to keep it strong-choked to remain at its first-24-hour rate of 36 MMcf/d.

All three wells “are obviously capable of flowing at higher rates,” he added. “They have great pressures.”

The drawdowns are “much better than the drawdowns we see in our core [wells in] East Texas and North Louisiana. We’re managing the wells for longevity for maximum value.”

So they will hopefully last a long time, but I guess that is all speculation at this point.

1 Like

Just got my first check yesterday on Aethon’s KODA well in Robertson County. I am in survey A-267. They are calling these wells screamer wells because they are under such pressure and the volume is so high the pipes make a screaming sound. I read somewhere (can’t remember where, if I find it again I will post it.) that the wells like Comstock’s CIRCLE M ALLOC which is right next door to me and Aethon’s Currie wells are showing no signs of slowing down. The article said they have the wells “choked back” and should have a very long life, longer than normal horizontal wells. The G-1 on my well submitted on 09/26/23 shows KODA at 36556.6 MCF/day almost the same as Circle M. My check shows July production of 820,311.68 MCF. Circle M is still looking as strong as it did on at the start for over a year now. Naturally I am hoping for them both to have VERY long life’s of high production!

1 Like

Comstock’s Circle M well has produced about 11.5 BCF of gas so far (502 days of production through August).

Production for the last three months was 2,499,855 MCF, compared to 2,654,578 MCF for the same three month period a year ago. That’s only a 6% decline rate over 12 months. The well could certainly produce more than 50 BCF of gas during its productive life.

2 Likes

Alan, How do you see the production for August 23? The RRC only shows through July. Can you see August data for KODA? I don’t see anything at all for KODA on the RRC. I only know what July was from my check.

I used the Production By Filing Operator Report on the RRC website. Koda production hasn’t posted yet. For prior months, I’ve been using the CONG reporting function to find Koda production. Aethon hasn’t followed the RRC rules about promptly reporting production.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.